Abigail Breslin says she's 'in shock and devastation' after her father died of COVID-19
- Abigail Breslin's father, Michael, died of COVID-19 on Friday at age 78.
- She and her brothers, Spencer and Ryan, shared touching tributes on Instagram.
- Michael tested positive for COVID-19 was placed on a ventilator in early February, the actress tweeted.
Abigail Breslin's father died from complications of COVID-19 on Friday. He was 78.
The 24-year-old actress shared a touching tribute to her father, Michael Breslin, with a lengthy Instagram post alongside several pictures of Michael and Abigail through the years.
"Oh wow. Hard to write this. Harder than I thought. I'm in shock and devastation," Abigail wrote.
"At 6:32 PM EST, my sweet, perfect, amazing, heroic, wonderful dada passed away after my family and I said goodbye. It was COVID-19 that cut my sweet daddy's life too short," she added.
Abigail then opened up about her father's personality, saying she wanted to "remember my dad for who he was."
"My dad was a hilarious, boisterous, tenacious, rebellious, intelligent, sweet, incredible human being. He loved life. He loved his family. He loved the simple things," Abigail wrote.
The heartfelt message ended with Abigail saying she loved her father and "can't wait" to see him again.
"And we loved him. And we always will. I miss you daddy. I can't wait to see you again. I won't ever, ever, ever forget you. To the moon and back dada…"
Abigail's brothers, Spencer and Ryan, also shared tributes on Instagram.
"How do you say goodbye to your father? I'm not sure, but I love this photo. I love this man that helped bring me into this world and raised me and loved my mother and my two amazing siblings," wrote Spencer. "Death is the one thing we all have in common, but never expect."
"I'm going to miss you so much, dad," Ryan wrote. "I'm gonna miss calling you to argue about politics, I'm gonna miss you harassing me to read whatever motivational or dad joke email you sent me, I'm gonna miss watching our miserable Jets together, and I'm gonna miss all the things yet to come that I won't be able to miss."
Michael's death comes just weeks after it was revealed he tested positive for COVID-19. Abigail shared an Instagram post asking for prayers after he was placed on a ventilator.
"I'm asking for prayers and positivity sent this way for me daddy, Michael who tested positive for COVID-19 and this morning had to be placed on a ventilator," she wrote on February 10.
Two days later, she revealed that he was unconscious while receiving treatment.
"I'm so used to talking to dad multiple times a day. I still call and talk to him thanks to INCREDIBLE nurses who work so hard and make sure he can hear me, even tho he's not conscious. Can't wait to hear his voice again," she wrote.
—SOPHOMORE(abigail breslin) (@yoabbaabba) February 13, 2021
- Donald Trump supporters baffled and divided over his claim that Republicans won't vote in 2022 or 2024
- Realme GT Neo 2 5G review: Great performance, fine display but camera needs work
- Marjorie Taylor Greene has Zoom call silenced after 'irrelevant' impeachment testimony during hearing of Lt. Col. Stuart Scheller
- G7 leaders favour CBDCs provided they ‘support and do no harm’ to central banks
- India's farmers protest takes a gruesome turn with a chilling murder at the scene — here’s the sequence of events
- Bizarre! Shubhman Gill was brought back to bat after being declared out
- Ruturaj Gaikwad and Faf du Plessis — amazing data on how the two openers led CSK to IPL 2021 championship
- Budget and safety top criteria for Chennai households during festive season:LocalCircles
- India T20 World cup Jersey
- Photo Editors Apps
- Advantage Club Hiring
- Best Indian Companies
- Dussehra Messages
- Punit Goenka
- Motorola Edge 20 Mobile
- Google TV stick vs Amazon Fire TV stick
- Oneplus 9rt smartphone
- Samsung Galaxy M52 review
- Nykaa IPO
- India Coal Crisis
- iPhone 13 vs iPhone 13 mini
- IRCTC Share price
- Maximum Sixes
- Tata Sons