After filming 'SNL,' Elon Musk and Grimes reportedly went to a crypto-themed after-party where servers dressed as aliens handed out Dogecoin cupcakes
- Elon Musk,
Grimes, and Miley Cyrusattended a crypto-themed party after taping ' SNL,' per Page Six.
- A dog handler brought along a Shibu Inu in tribute to Dogecoin, the publication reported.
- Servers handed out Dogecoin cookies and cupcakes, according to the report.
After they filmed "Saturday Night Live" on May 8, tech billionaire
"It was a cryptocurrency-themed bash for Elon," a source told the publication.
The source said that a dog handler even brought a Shibu Inu, the dog breed that gives Dogecoin its icon and name, to the after-party, which they said was "like a good-luck token."
Musk, the CEO of Tesla and SpaceX, had hyped up the cryptocurrency during his "SNL" hosting gig. He called Dogecoin the "future of currency" and said that it would "take over the world." Grimes appeared on the show as Princess Peach in a Mario-themed sketch.
The source told Page Six that female servers at the party "were dressed as aliens, walking around with trays of Dogecoin cookies and cupcakes, and there were Dogecoin ice sculptures."
The party was held at The Public in New York City's Lower East Side, the publication reported. It added that this was the first time in 14 months that the owner Ian Schrager had opened the hotel.
"Ian opened it just for Elon and his guests," Page Six's source said.
Insider asked The Public for comment but did not immediately receive a response.
Other attendees included the rapper The Kid Laroi, the producer KBeaZy, the "SNL" veterans Lorne Michaels, Chris Rock, and Colin Jost, and the "South Park" cocreator Matt Stone, Page Six reported.
The publication's source said that "everyone was in a great mood," adding that attendees danced to techno music.
In an analysis piece for Insider, Allana Akhtar described Musk's "SNL" performance as "unexpectedly tame" and said that network NBC "just gave him free PR."
- SIMPLY PUT: What happened before India got Freedom@Midnight
- Here’s how much banks have increased home loan interest rates
- Avatar 2, Black Panther 2, Ant Man — Here is a complete list of Hollywood movies expected to hit Indian theaters in the next 6-7 months
- Qmin has been profitable business for IHCL from day one, says Jehangir Press
- India's foreign exchange reserves fall to $573 bn