Alec Baldwin had been 'very careful' with firearms during filming before deadly incident on set: cameraman
Alec Baldwinhad been "very careful" handling a prop firearm on the set of his latest movie prior to a deadly shootingincident.
- Cameraman Reid Russel made the comments to police after the Thursday incident, an affidavit says.
Hollywood actor Alec Baldwin had been "very careful" handling a prop firearm on the set of his latest movie shortly before his accidental on-set shooting that killed a cinematographer and wounded the director, according to newly released documents.
In the aftermath of last Thursday's deadly shooting on the set of "
Russel "was asked about Alec [Baldwin] and the firearm and how he handled the firearm," according to an affidavit released late Sunday by the sheriff's office.
"Reid said Alec had been very careful, and brought up an instance when a scene was being filmed earlier," the affidavit says. "Reid said Alec had made sure it was safe and that a child wasn't near him when they were discharging a firearm during that scene."
According to the document, Reid was "standing next" to 42-year-old Halyna Hutchins, the director of photography, and director Joel Souza, 48, at the time when Baldwin fired the prop gun.
Hutchins was fatally shot and Souza was hospitalized for his injuries and later released.
"Reid was not sure why the firearm was discharged and just remembered the loud bang from the firearm," according to the affidavit.
The document says that after the shooting, Reid "remembered Joel having blood on his person, and Hayalna [sic] speaking and saying she couldn't feel her legs."
According to an affidavit, an assistant director had handed Baldwin the gun and told him that it wasn't loaded moments before the deadly incident.
- From marketing and tech to leadership - learn new skills and explore new possibilities with these Udemy courses
- Facebook and Microsoft aren’t the only ones creating a metaverse — here are five popular coins looking to create digital worlds
- Loaded Lion NFT sells for $1 million — three days after launching at $200
- Banks in India may have to fight harder for deposits
- Mukesh Ambani-led Reliance Jio hikes prices of its plans by 21%
- Facebook, Microsoft and others look towards the $1 trillion dollar ‘metaverse’ opportunity — but that contradicts the base philosophy behind Web 3.0
- Paytm Q2 result — Operational revenue crosses ₹1000 crore, loss widens by ₹37 crore
- These Indian states have the highest number of international airports; UP tops the list