Amber Heard slams Johnny Depp's debut TikTok post about how 'we will all move forward together'
Amber Heardhas responded to Johnny Depp's debut TikTokin which he said he plans to "move forward."
- "As Johnny Depp says he's 'moving forward,' women's rights are moving backward," Heard's rep said.
"As Johnny Depp says he's 'moving forward,' women's rights are moving backward," a spokesperson for Heard told E! News. "The verdict's message to victims of domestic violence is...be afraid to stand up and speak out."
Heard's spokesperson did not immediately respond to Insider's request for comment.
Depp joined TikTok on Monday, immediately drawing millions of followers even before posting his first video.
On Tuesday, he thanked his "treasured, loyal, and unwavering" supporters in his first-ever TikTok, noting that "we did the right thing together, all because you cared." The video has received 10 million views as of press time.
Last Tuesday, jurors found both Johnny Depp and Amber Heard liable for
They awarded Depp $15 million in damages, finding that Heard had defamed him when she described herself as a victim of domestic violence in a 2018 Washington Post op-ed. The jury also found that Heard's statements were false and made with "actual malice" against her ex-husband.
As for Depp, the jury found him liable for defamation against Heard when one of his attorneys claimed her allegations of sexual abuse were a "hoax." They awarded Heard $2 million in compensatory damages and no punitive damages.
- A 29-year-old woman found a mark on her head and was diagnosed with a fungal infection. It turned out to be invasive skin cancer.
- JPMorgan CEO Jamie Dimon told wealthy clients there's a chance the US is heading into 'something worse' than a recession, report says
- Why Google employees fear the worst as the company quietly extends its hiring freeze
- Galaxy Digital terminates $1.2 billion acquisition of crypto firm BitGo
- Markets poised for positive momentum in August as domestic and global inflation eases
- Here’s a list of stocks that can benefit from the festive season
- Nepotism and termite-like corruption dented India : Modi
- Modi lists five pledges to turn India into a developed country in 25 years