Ana de Armas says she asked Marilyn Monroe for her permission to make 'Blonde' when she visited her gravesite
- Ana de Armas plays Marilyn Monroe in the new Netflix movie "Blonde."
- She asked the late icon's permission to make the movie with a card signed by cast and crew members.
Ana de Armas visited the grave of Marilyn Monroe to request permission to play her in "Blonde."
"We got this big card and everyone in the crew wrote a message to her," de Armas said in an interview with AnOther magazine published Tuesday.
"Then we went to the cemetery and put it on her grave. We were asking for permission in a way," she continued.
The original Netflix movie, written and directed by Andrew Dominik, attempts to center the woman behind the cultural icon. It began filming on August 4, the anniversary of Monroe's death.
De Armas recalled how she was emotionally impacted by the enormity of the role.
"Everyone felt a huge responsibility, and we were very aware of the side of the story we were going to tell — the story of Norma Jeane, the person behind this character, Marilyn Monroe," she continued. "The weight of it stayed with me for sure," she added.
This isn't the first time those involved with the film spoke about feeling the weight of Monroe's spirit on the production. Dominik compared filming in locations where Monroe once lived to a "seance" in a press conference when the film premiered at the 2022 Venice Film Festival, The Guardian reported earlier this month.During the same press conference in early September, de Armas stated that she believed the spirit of Monroe visited the Los Angles set during filming.
"I truly believe that she was very close to us. She was with us," she said.
"I think she was happy. She would also throw things off the wall sometimes and get mad if she didn't like something. Maybe this sounds very mystical, but it is true. We all felt it," de Armas added.
"Blonde" is currently playing in selected theaters. It will premiere on Netflix on September 28.
- Here is a list of bank holidays in October 2022
- An Apple executive is leaving the company after being filmed joking about fondling 'big-breasted women' in a viral TikTok video
- RBI hikes repo rate by 50 bps, taking it to a three-year high of 5.9% – Das says inflation at ‘alarmingly high levels’ across jurisdictions
- Best camera phone under ₹15000
- Best 5G mobile phones under ₹20000
- 22 lakh Indian IT professionals likely to leave jobs by 2025: Report
- OnePlus says successfully geared up for 5G launch with 5G-ready smartphone portfolio
- This website generates videos from a single image and text for free – here’s all you need to know
- Tata Tiago Electric Car
- HCL Tech
- World Heart Day 2022
- Apple Tablets in Amazon Sale
- RBI Repo Rate
- Akash Ambani
- Amazon festival Sale
- Upcoming new Mobile in October
- Amazon Festival Sale
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- RBI Interest Rate hike
- Upcoming Smartphone in 2022
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World