'Batwoman' actress says she spoke 'a lot' with 'The Flash' star Grant Gustin about joining the Arrowverse and the most 'uncomfortable' part of her Batsuit
Batwoman" star Javicia Lesliespoke a lot with "The Flash" star Grant Gustin after joining The CW's Arrowverse.
- Leslie told Insider she and Gustin spoke "a lot" about everything, including wearing superhero masks.
- Both their characters — Batwoman and Flash — wear masks for extended periods of time when they're fighting crime.
- "I said to him, 'Man, you didn't tell me how uncomfortable that cowl is going to be,'" Leslie told Insider while laughing, adding that Batwoman's cowl is probably the most uncomfortable part of the suit.
Javicia Leslie didn't speak with former "Batwoman" star Ruby Rose when taking over the Bat mantle for the show's second season, but she did speak with another CW superhero, "The Flash's" Grant Gustin.
"It definitely isn't a pair of pajamas that are very relaxing to lay around in," Leslie told Insider about her customized suit. "But, it's funny because I talked to Grant [Gustin] about the cowl because he lives in his cowl for 'The Flash.'""Leading up [to the show,] he and I talked a lot about everything," she said about her fellow Arrowverse super friend.
"I said to him, 'Man, you didn't tell me how uncomfortable that cowl is going to be,'" Leslie said."Definitely having something so heavy on my face all day is probably the most uncomfortable part, a little more uncomfortable than the suit," she continued, "which is why I really love when Ryan gets to just wear the suit without the cowl."
In our longer conversation about joining "Batwoman," Leslie told Insider via phone about putting on the Batsuit for the first time, a moment she described as "really surreal," having grown up watching Batman.Leslie will be seen wearing two different Batsuits on the upcoming season of the CW series, which premieres Sunday. The first one is Kate Kane's (Ruby Rose). A version of that suit was made for Leslie's body type. The team then worked for months on Ryan Wilder's version of the suit.
When asked whether or not we may see her character team up with the Flash or another Arrowverse superhero at some point since typically the CW superheroes get together each fall in a giant superhero crossover.
"I really hope so. That's not on us," Leslie said, adding that it will likely depend on COVID-19 and the protocols they need to follow to film safely."Batwoman" season two premieres on The CW on Sunday at 9 p.m. ET/PT.
- IMF projects 11.5% growth rate for India in 2021, only major economy to record double digit growth
- Connaught Place to remain shut as farmers' tractor parade turns violent
- After violent clashes with police, farmers swarm Red Fort
- DMRC closed entry and exit gates of yellow, green, violet and blue lines in surge of farmers protest
- Delhi Police fires tear-gas shells on farmers near Akshardham temple and Sanjay Gandhi Transport Nagar