Bethenny Frankel says she's known about 'Real Housewives' star Erika Jayne and Tom Girardi's money problems since 2017
Bethenny Frankelsaid she's known about Erika Jayneand Tom Girardi's financial troubles for years.
- Frankel said her ex-fiancé told her that Girardi owed him "half-a-million dollars."
- Jayne and Girardi have been accused of embezzling millions to fund their lavish lifestyle.
But Bethenny Frankel, who previously starred on the "
Jayne and Girardi - who split in November - have repeatedly found themselves in the headlines over the last year after Girardi was accused of embezzling millions of dollars from the widows and orphans of plane-crash victims to fund his and Jayne's lavish lifestyle.
Frankel said it was her ex-fiancé Dennis Shields, who died in 2018, who first told her Girardi "owes everybody money."
"Dennis said to me, 'He doesn't have it like that. He owes me half-a-million dollars. I know this other guy he owes a million-and-a-half dollars. He doesn't have money,'" Frankel said on Thursday's episode of her podcast "Just B."
Frankel said Shields, who also worked in the legal industry, claimed that Girardi was using money from his law firm, Girardi Keese, to support Jayne's lifestyle.
"I said, 'Why would he do that?' He goes, 'He can't say no to her,'" Frankel added.
According to recent court documents, a bankruptcy trustee found that Girardi had transferred $20 million in loans from his law firm to Jayne's company, EJ Global.
Frankel said Girardi's money problems were a "widely known best-kept secret" in the legal world, and that she told Bravo host Andy Cohen about them back in 2017.
When the news broke in December, she claims Cohen called her and said: "You really do know it all. You told me about this years ago."
- I took a new job in a remote location after my divorce. There aren't many people to date, but I'm happy staying single.
- OnlyFans star Riley Reid plans to 'immortalize' herself using AI. Here's how her team built her new chatbot.
- A boomer grandma advises on how to set boundaries with millennial kids when it comes to babysitting
- India's best relaxing holiday spots for peaceful retreats
- Inter-ministerial approval board can permit demarcation of non-processing area under IT sector SEZs
- Winter wellness: 10 Amla recipes to embrace this season
- ‘Confident’ Indians might splurge on big-ticket items in 2024
- Tata Power stock zooms ahead after brokerage on upgrade