Billie Eilish said her hair is a sign of 'mental stability' after fans mocked her for keeping it green for so long
- Billie Eilish responded to fans making fun of her green hair by jokingly threatening not to put out the new album she is currently working on.
- Eilish commented on one of her Instagram posts: "This is the longest I've had the same hair color since I was 13 & that's on mental stability and growth leave me alone lsjdkksjdjs"
- However, Eilish also said that she is planning on changing her hair color when her Apple TV documentary, "The World's a Little Blurry," is released in February 2021: "It'll be the end of an era, I'ma give you a new era."
Billie Eilish responded to fans telling her to get a new hair color in a series of Instagram comments and stories.
The singer's green roots are an iconic part of her look, and she's worn the color for a while now, but fans have persistently teased her about her green hair. One fan commented on one of her Instagram posts, writing that her "grass head needs a new color." They suggested black.
But Eilish responded by writing: "It's called not being depressed anymore pls just be happy for me."
The "Bad Guy" singer also commented: "This is the longest I've had the same hair color since I was 13 & that's on mental stability and growth leave me alone lsjdkksjdjs"
Taking the jests in good spirit, however, Eilish took to her Instagram stories to properly and humorously address being teased about her green hair.
"F--- you guys. Stop making fun of me, oh my god! I'm f---ing making you an album! I will not put it out if you keep making fun of my hair. Shut up," Eilish said.
But Eilish also revealed that despite this being the longest she's ever had one hair color, the green roots won't be around forever.
Eilish continued: "I'm changing it after the doc comes out. It'll be the end of an era, I'ma give you a new era... I have announcements to make, I got some shit to put out."
For now, Eilish jokingly asked fans to "shut the f--- up" about her hair: "Leave me alone, let me live with my f---ing hair that I've had for way too long, okay?"
—คlคhຖค (@BILLIEEILISH123) December 22, 2020
The doc Eilish referenced is the Apple TV documentary coming out in February 2021 that follows her life while she creates her debut album, "When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go?" The documentary, titled "Billie Eilish: The World's a Little Blurry" is helmed by Emmy award-winning documentarian R.J. Cutler and will also feature Eilish' brother, Finneas O'Connell.
It remains to be seen what hair color Eilish will switch to but she has previously sported various shades of black, blue, purple, and grey.
- iPhone SE 3 release date, specs and price — all you need to know
- OTT penetration stands at 27%, Hotstar is the preferred choice for a majority of the OTT viewers: Report
- Snapdragon 8 Gen 1: Qualcomm, Google Cloud partner to upgrade AI models in mobile platforms
- Qualcomm's latest Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 chipset to power Realme GT 2 Pro
- Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 chip: Improved performance, camera capabilities and more