Chris Hemsworth and Taika Waititi didn't know about the 'Thor: Love and Thunder' end credit tease for another sequel
- Warning: Minor spoiler below if you haven't seen "Thor: Love and Thunder."
- At the end of the movie, there's text that reads: "Thor will be back."
If you stuck around for the very end of "Thor: Love and Thunder" you may have caught that a text card appeared that read "Thor will be back."
It turns out, the movie's writer-director
"Well, guess what? That was a surprise to me, too," he told Insider when we brought it up.
"I'm not joking," the Oscar-winner continued. "I saw it in the theater and I was like, 'Oh, shit. Really?' Even Chris was like, 'What?' But, of course he'll be back. He's the best character. I mean, I may be a little biased, but he's the most fun to watch."
"Thor: Love and Thunder" marked the fourth movie in the standalone franchise focused on the
Waititi returned to direct "Love and Thunder," which had the best box office opening weekend of the franchise and to date has already earned over $300 million worldwide.
With a feeling the movie would hit big, it kind of makes sense why Marvel Studios threw in that tease of another sequel. But it's still too early for Waititi to think about another Thor adventure.
"I don't know what would be next," he told Insider. "I would definitely do one, but only if Chris did it. But it would need to be something surprising and unexpected for me to want to do it. Like what would be the new take?"
"The battles and all the fighting is fine, but I would want something that feels unexpected when it comes to the story," he continued. "Like making just a $5 million movie with no fighting at all, just Thor on a road trip. Like 'Nebraska.'"
"Nebraska" is a 2013 black-and-white independent movie directed by Alexander Payne starring Bruce Dern who goes on a road trip with his son, played by Will Forte, from Montana to Nebraska so Dern's character can claim a lottery ticket.
The movie earned six Oscar nominations, including best picture, best director for Payne, and best actor for Dern.
If Waititi could ever convince Marvel to allow him to make anything close to what "Nebraska" is it would be the most astounding feat a director has done at a major studio in the modern blockbuster era.
"Thor: Love and Thunder" is currently playing in theaters.
- I've had the new iPhone 14 for 2 weeks. I should've listened to Steve Jobs' daughter because I now regret buying it.
- China tells state banks to prepare for a massive dollar dump and yuan buying spree as Beijing's prior interventions have failed to stem its currency's worst year since 1994
- Here is a list of bank holidays in October 2022
- IISC joins hands with AIIMS Rishikesh to develop algorithm that can read brain scans to detect epilepsy
- Overlapping symptoms of dengue, Covid-19 confusing in many cases, say doctors
- Sterlite Technologies launches optical solution for 5G rollout
- NASA pushes back Artemis I Moon mission launch to November
- Auto sales jump in September: Maruti reports over a 100% jump in volumes
- Tata Tiago Electric Car
- HCL Tech
- World Heart Day 2022
- Apple Tablets in Amazon Sale
- RBI Repo Rate
- Akash Ambani
- Amazon festival Sale
- Upcoming new Mobile in October
- Amazon Festival Sale
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- RBI Interest Rate hike
- Upcoming Smartphone in 2022
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World