Cold Mess by Prateek Kuhad is the only Indian song on Barack Obama's list of favourite music in 2019
Prateek Kuhad’s Cold Messwas featured on US President Barack Obama’s favourite music in 2019 along with Mavin Staples, Beyonce, Dababy and many more.
- At the end of every year, Barack Obama shares a list of his favourite songs, books and films.
- The list includes a wide range of genres including "Playing Games" by Summer Walker, "Not" by Big Thief, "Go DJ" by Kaytranada feat. Sir, "Juice" by Lizzo, "Mood 4 Eva" by Beyoncé among others.
At the end of every year, Obama shares a list of his favourite songs, books and films. The list includes a wide range of genres including "Playing Games" by Summer Walker, "Not" by Big Thief, "Go DJ" by Kaytranada feat. Sir, "Juice" by Lizzo, "Mood 4 Eva" by Beyoncé among others.
From hip-hop to country to The Boss, here are my songs of the year. If you’re looking for something to keep you com… https://t.co/MGNAUPPgTj— Barack Obama (@BarackObama) 1577725364000
Kuhad is the only Indian artist to feature on the list. He took to social media to share his excitement. “This just happened and I don’t think I’ll sleep tonight. Totally flipping out. I have no idea how cold/mess even reached him but thank you @barackobama , thank you universe I didn’t think 2019 could’ve gotten better, but damn was I wrong. What an honour,” he wrote.
Cold Mess, which was released last year in December, was a hit in India too. It received got nearly 4.7 million views on Youtube.
With over 232,000 monthly listeners, he is among the most streamed local artists on Spotify. Most of his songs are in Hindi. However, some of his English songs gained fans has grown his fan following outside India too.
CurrentlyPresently, Kuhad is on a global tour “Supermoon”. His Indian tour happened when the country was protesting against the newly Citizenship Amendment Act. In fact, many of the protestors used Cold Mess on playcards to protest against CAA.
Google Maps lets you explore the cosmos like Star Trek — complete with a warp drive ‘whoosh
Popular on BI
- Six in ten respondents not aware of what risk-o-meter indicates in a mutual fund, finds Axis MF’s survey
- Stock market experiences fluctuations before closing flat
- Brazil Nuts: Nature's nutritional marvel and culinary delight
- RBI found excessive dominance by 1-2 board members even in big commercial banks: Das
- Dunzo to raise $35 million from Reliance, Google following salary delays, says media report