Disney cruise's new 'Star Wars'-themed cocktail costs $5,000 and includes shots of Pappy Van Winkle bourbon
- The "Star Wars"-themed Kaiburr Crystal drink on the new Disney Wish cruise ship costs $5,000.
- The price includes a trip to Skywalker Vineyards at Skywalker Ranch.
A "Star Wars"-themed cocktail on Disney's new cruise ship, the Disney Wish, costs around $5,000.
The cost isn't just for the drink, which is called the Kaiburr Crystal and is served in the ship's "Hyperspace Lounge." It includes the shot glasses it's served in, room amenities, and a trip to Skywalker Vineyards at Skywalker Ranch, according to the theme parks and travel writer Arthur Levine.
Below is a look at the container the glasses come in, from journalist Ashley Carter, who covers theme parks for Spectrum News 13 in Orlando:
—Ashley Carter (@AshleyLCarter1) June 29, 2022
This is different than Disney's new "Star WArs" hotel, Galactic Starcruiser, that launched earlier this year — but that's also on the pricey side. It costs over $4,800 for two guests to a cabin.
Levine reported details on Friday in his About Theme Parks newsletter on what's in the Disney Wish's exorbitantly expensive Kaiburr Crystal drink.
The Kaiburr Crystal includes Casmus Cognac, Grand Marnier Quintessence, the Yuzu citrus fruit, and kumquat. Shots of Pappy Van Winkle's Family Reserve 23 Year bourbon and Taylor's Fladgate Kingsman Edition Tawny Port are also included in the container, according to Levine.
The Family Reserve is listed on Van Winkle's website for $300. The Kentucky-based distillery is in such high demand that some retailers sell its bottles of various whiskies for far higher than the recommended price.
The Disney Wish will set sail for the first time on July 14.
- JPMorgan CEO Jamie Dimon told wealthy clients there's a chance the US is heading into 'something worse' than a recession, report says
- A 29-year-old woman found a mark on her head and was diagnosed with a fungal infection. It turned out to be invasive skin cancer.
- Here’s a list of stocks that can benefit from the festive season
- Rakesh Jhunjhunwala-backed Concord Biotech files for an IPO
- Ather 450X Gen 3 vs Ola S1 vs TVS iQube S – price, specs and features compared
- Adani Transmission becomes first group company to hit ₹4 lakh crore market cap
- Life and times of Rakesh Jhunjhunwala — the man behind the trader
- Your milk will now get dearer as Mother Dairy and Amul raise prices by ₹2 per litre