Disney Plus is crashing and having technical issues on launch day for some users
- Disney Plus users were complaining on the service's launch day on Tuesday of technical difficulties.
- Some users could not log in to the service and the mobile app was down for some.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Disney's streaming competitor, Disney Plus, launched on Tuesday, and some users are already complaining about technical difficulties.Some subscribers took to Twitter to voice their complaints about not being able to log in or about the app being down.Advertisement
"I cannot access my Disney Plus account on my first attempt this morning," one user tweeted. "Tried to reset password given error code 86 and told I was blocked."
"Anyone else get their account locked upon entering their passwords for the first time for Disney Plus?," tweeted another. "Great experience ... still on hold with customer service for 20+ minutes ... glad I prepaid for 3 years"Disney did not immediately return a request for comment.
Business Insider experienced technical issues as well. In our test of the service Tuesday morning, the first episode of "The Mandalorian" lagged at times and the mobile app (on iPhone) crashed. When accessing the app, the below warning appeared:
Disney Plus screenshot
Disney Plus launched on Tuesday for $6.99 per month or $69.99 per year. Verizon is offering a free year to Verizon Wireless Unlimited customers, as well as new Fios Home Internet and new 5G Home Internet customers.The service includes the first live-action "Star Wars" TV show "The Mandalorian," as well as plenty of content from the Disney library, including the complete "Star Wars" original and prequel trilogies, Pixar movies, Disney animated classics, and 16 Marvel Cinematic Universe movies.Advertisement
- Read more of Business Insider's Disney Plus coverage
- The top Disney Plus exec says it will have to push beyond its family-friendly image to succeed, and its Netherlands test run hints at how
- Disney Plus already has nearly 2 million subscribers in the US before launch, according to data firm Jumpshot
- Marvel Studios had plans for a 'Hawkeye' movie before pitching a Disney Plus TV series instead
- Disney's 'Star Wars' TV series, 'The Mandalorian,' cost $100 million to make - but its Marvel shows cost even more
- Verizon is offering its customers a free year of Disney's upcoming streaming service, Disney Plus
"Unable to connect to @disneyplus". Solid start for my 3 year old at 7:30am.- Chris Hennessey (@chrishennessey) November 12, 2019
The good news: @disneyplus is live today! The bad: Everybody and their Unca Scrooge is apparently trying to sign on right now, so trying to watch anything is an exercise in frustration. #NotMagical #disney- Mike Scott (@MoviegoerMike) November 12, 2019
So. My Disney Plus just. Crashed. I'm stuck on a blank screen. Hello?- Jess ✪ (@christmas0clock) November 12, 2019
- Suresh Raina retires from international cricket, 'joins MS Dhoni in his journey'
- M S Dhoni retires from International cricket, will continue to play IPL
- Arunachal CM launches entrepreneurship plan to boost economy
- Meghalaya has set up task force to revive economy: Sangma
- Google may replace Duo video calling app with Meet