DMX's manager says the rapper is still alive and on life support, asks people to 'stop with the rumors'
- DMX's manager, Steve Rifkind, on Thursday night said the rapper was still on life support.
- Rifkind asked people to stop spreading rumors about the rapper's condition.
- Earlier in the day, #RIPDMX was trending on social media.
DMX's manager posted a video to Instagram on Thursday evening in which he said the rapper was still on life support and asked fans to stop speculating and spreading rumors about the rapper's condition.
Last week, it was first reported that DMX - born Earl Simmons - had been hospitalized and was in critical condition following a heart attack. One source told TMZ that DMX "has some brain activity," while another source told the publication the rapper was in a "vegetative state."
Earlier Thursday, however, rumors of DMX's death began to trend on social media. Refuting the claims, DMX's manager, Steve Rifkind, said: "Everybody, please stop with posting these rumors. DMX is still alive. Yes, he is on life support, but please, it's not helping anybody by having them see these false rumors. Let the family relax for a night."
He continued: "You will be hearing a statement from the family sometime tomorrow. I've been with DMX for the past three years, so the only thing I ask is just stop with the rumors. He is still alive and he is on life support. Thank you."
The hashtag #RIPDMX began trending on social media after the comedian and actor Luenell, who appears to be close friends with the DMX, posted a message to her Instagram story that seemingly announced his death.
"It is over," the post said. "My friend is gone. Soar with the [birds]. Join the best that ever did it. RIP…… DMX."
Soon after, Luenell deleted the initial Instagram story and posted a follow-up message in which she clarified that she meant DMX was "gone" to her because of the severity of his condition. "When your spirit leaves and your organ fails you, the body becomes just a shell," the follow-up post said. "One becomes wrapped in the Lord's arms. That's what 'I' call gone. I'm sorry to all."
-philip lewis (@Phil_Lewis_) April 9, 2021
Earlier this week, dozens of people gathered outside White Plains Hospital in White Plains, New York, where DMX is hospitalized, for a prayer vigil hosted by the rapper's family and friends.
- Coffee Maker - Best coffee machine for home in India
- Although FII flows have reversed, retail investor confidence remains low thanks to macro concerns
- Brain-dead woman's organs save four lives
- Goa hotels recorded the best occupancies and earned more too says report
- Best tech gifts for your sisters this Rakhi