Drew Barrymore says she was once in an open relationship with Luke Wilson
- Drew Barrymore revealed on her talk show that she was once in an open relationship with Luke Wilson.
- During Kate Hudson's appearance on "The Drew Barrymore Show," the two actresses recalled how they met.
Drew Barrymore revealed that she was once in an open relationship with Luke Wilson during an episode of her daytime talk show.
On Thursday's "The Drew Barrymore Show," Barrymore was joined by Kate Hudson, who did an impression of the "Charlie's Angels" star on SNL in 2000. During the interview, the pair recalled how they first met when Wilson and Barrymore were dating.
"When we first met. We were young and wild," Barrymore began the conversation. The pair said they met at Chez Jay bar and restaurant in Santa Monica with Wilson accompanying them because Wilson and Hudson were starring in "Alex & Emma" together.
"I was dating him, but I think he was also dating other people," Barrymore then added. "It was an open relationship; we were young."
Hudson replied, "I've been there with a Wilson too," referring to her on-and-off relationship with Owen Wilson after meeting on the set of "You, Me & Dupree" in 2006.
—The Drew Barrymore Show (@DrewBarrymoreTV) January 27, 2022
Barrymore continued: "It's so funny because when you're young you're like, 'It's low stakes, we're just young. We're having fun, we're all playing, actors, hanging out.' You're not taking it all so seriously, and it was fun and we had the best time."
Barrymore and Luke dated between 1997 and 1999. Barrymore once told People: "From the moment I saw [Luke], I realized he was the most incredible person I'd ever been so fortunate to meet."
The pair also starred in three movies together "Best Men," "Home Fries," and "Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle" — the latter of which came after they broke up. Barrymore then went on to date Canadian actor and comedian Tom Green who she married in 2001. The pair divorced a year later but reminisced over their honeymoon on Barrymore's talk show last year.
Earlier this month, Barrymore admitted on her talk show that she doesn't "know how to date with kids" and she will "never, ever, ever, ever get married again" after getting married three times.
- More than $100,000 raised for loyal Burger King employee of 27 years in GoFundMe campaign after video shows him getting 'goody' bag as reward
- 'Get your boy Elon in line:' Former NASA official says she was ridiculed for supporting SpaceX in new memoir
- India is betting on casinos, online games and horse races to fill its coffers
- Govt asked Twitter to block advocacy groups, journalists, and farm protest supporters
- Indian power crisis is far from over as global coal prices surge
- 200 Indian companies register for extended producer responsibility for plastic packaging
- Tata Steel, Bajaj Auto, Bank of Baroda among stocks to watch out for on June 28
- Best voltage stabilizers for home in India