Lockdown watchlist: Five cartoon shows for kids that adults will also love on Prime, Disney+ Hostar and Netflix
- Cartoons for kids can leave adults wanting for more and not every 'adult cartoon' is something you can watch with you kids.
- During the lockdown, cartoons that are meant for all ages can be a real boon for the whole family.
- Here's a list of cartoons that kids will love while also keeping adults entertained.
AdvertisementThe statement that ‘cartoons are for kids’ is a myth. In fact, there are many that fight the cliche — like Family Guy, the Simpsons and the Cartoon President. But those shows aren’t always ‘age-appropriate’ if you’re sitting down with young ones.
Amid the Coronavirus pandemic, it’s good to have a list of animated shows handy to pass the time that your kids can watch — which also won’t bore you to death for a good hit of humour without the drama and stress.
Let me kick things off by saying that this list doesn’t include the usual suspects like Doraemon, Tom and Jerry, Shinchan or Chota Bheem. These are shows that you probably haven’t heard of to help add a little bit of spice to an otherwise mundane lockdown.
Here are some of the best (yet often overlooked)
- IMDb: 8.9/10
- Creator: Alex Hirsch
With two teenagers in the mix, you would think it’s a coming of age series — which it is, but only mildly so. Each episode focuses on getting to the bottom of a conspiracy or finding reasons why things are going wrong.
Unlike generic animated series, this one makes you think.
2. Star Wars: The Clone Wars on Disney+ Hotstar
- IMDb: 8.1/10
- Creators: George Lucas, Genndy Tartakovsky, Paul Rudish, Christian Taylor, Ben Edlund, Bryan Andrews, and Darrick Bachman.
- IMDb: 8.4/10
- Creators: Guillermo del Toro, Aaron Waltke, Kevin Hageman, Dan Hageman, AC Bradley, and Chad Quandt.
What connects all three is that they’re based in the quaint little town of Arcadia Oaks. Teenage heroes and supernatural creatures alike fight for their town’s survival against the evils that, in some cases quite literally, lurk in the shadows.
4. The Dragon Prince on Netflix
- IMDb: 8.4/10
- Creator: Aaron Ehasz
5. Niko and the Sword of Light on Amazon Prime
- IMDb: 8.4/10
- Creators: Bobby Chiu, Kei Acedera, Jim Bryson and Adam Jeffcoat.
In the journey that ensues, Niko only uncovers secrets about himself — but also about where he comes from.
Lockdown Watchlist: Want to binge-watch a show that lasts a week? Try these long-running shows on Netflix, Amazon Prime, Disney+ Hotstar and others
Here are the top movies and shows on Amazon Prime, Netflix and other streaming platforms
Weekend Watchlist: The top shows on Netflix, Amazon Prime, and other streaming services
Popular on BI
- Elon Musk reportedly told workers at his brain-chip startup to imagine they had bombs strapped to their heads to make them work faster
- Cristiano Ronaldo is now causing trouble for Portugal at the World Cup after his dramatic Manchester United exit
- BHEL among 5 bidders for Rs 58,000 cr deal to manufacture, maintain 200 Vande Bharat trains
- Indian markets open flat ahead of RBI policy outcome – Vedanta, HDFC AMC, Bikaji Foods among stocks to watch out for
- India is home to a great diversity of faiths: US
- Uniparts India IPO: Here’s how you can check the allotment status
- Best sofa set under ₹15000
- Best washing machine under ₹15000
- Jio Haptik
- Reliance Jio
- Digital Nomad Visa
- Whatsapp tips
- Air India crew guidelines
- Mukesh Ambani
- Larget Employers
- Highest Revenue companies
- New Cars in December 2022
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- Most Valuable Companies
- Top Valuable unlisted Company
- Kama Holdings
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World