From 'Bones Day' playlists to 'Good Soup' references, TikTok trends dominated Spotify Wrapped this year
Spotifyreleased its annual "Spotify Wrapped" report, a roundup of the most-streamed content of the year.
- TikTok-driven streams helped revitalize decades-old songs and inspired playlist themes, according to Spotify.
Spotify's annual roundup of its most-streamed content dropped on Wednesday, and
The music streamer made several nods to TikTok in this year's Spotify Wrapped — an end-of-year report that provides users with an overview of their top songs, artists, and podcasts, as well as analyzes
According to Spotify, TikTok played a role in everything from inspiring playlists and bolstering streaming numbers for rising artists to revitalizing songs from generations past. This year also marked the first that Spotify made it possible for TikTok users to share their Wrapped data directly to the app, joining existing platforms like Instagram and Twitter that allow the capability.
One prominent example of TikTok's influence included an influx of Spotify playlists that mention a "Bones Day" or "No Bones Day," a reference to the TikTok pug, Noodles, who went viral this year for helping users predict the overall productivity of their day.
According to Spotify, a total of 1,500 users compiled playlists related to the trend, with some featuring mellow tracks like "Easy on Me" by Adele and "Motion Sickness" by Phoebe Bridgers for a "No Bones Day," while others included upbeat songs like "Golden" by Harry Styles and "Good as Hell" by Lizzo for a "Bones Day."
Spotify also noted the revival of decades-old songs and musical genres that had a resurgence in popularity thanks to
The prevalence of TikTok in Spotify Wrapped comes as it becomes an increasingly powerful tool within the music industry, with many artists tapping into the social
Looking ahead to 2022, Spotify is continuing to tap into the power of TikTok. The streamer announced last week it started beta-testing a TikTok-like vertical video feed within its Discover feature.
- Financial inclusion made easy for India’s small merchants with Paytm’s pioneering QR codes and Soundbox
- This frequent flyer who's been 'skiplagging' for a decade says she has 'no remorse and no angst'
- Personal trainer Kelsey Wells' protein-packed go-to smoothie is a 'meal in a cup' that tastes like cookie batter
- From Maruti Jimny to Mercedes-AMG SL55 Roadster – Cars launching in India in June
- Secure your future: The importance of retirement planning in India
- WhatsApp rolls out 'status archive' feature for businesses on Android
- Late fees on credit cards rising — Know rules, charges and how to avoid them
- India emerges as key source country for FDI into Dubai: Report