From 'Bones Day' playlists to 'Good Soup' references, TikTok trends dominated Spotify Wrapped this year
Spotifyreleased its annual "Spotify Wrapped" report, a roundup of the most-streamed content of the year.
- TikTok-driven streams helped revitalize decades-old songs and inspired playlist themes, according to Spotify.
Spotify's annual roundup of its most-streamed content dropped on Wednesday, and
The music streamer made several nods to TikTok in this year's Spotify Wrapped — an end-of-year report that provides users with an overview of their top songs, artists, and podcasts, as well as analyzes
According to Spotify, TikTok played a role in everything from inspiring playlists and bolstering streaming numbers for rising artists to revitalizing songs from generations past. This year also marked the first that Spotify made it possible for TikTok users to share their Wrapped data directly to the app, joining existing platforms like Instagram and Twitter that allow the capability.
One prominent example of TikTok's influence included an influx of Spotify playlists that mention a "Bones Day" or "No Bones Day," a reference to the TikTok pug, Noodles, who went viral this year for helping users predict the overall productivity of their day.
According to Spotify, a total of 1,500 users compiled playlists related to the trend, with some featuring mellow tracks like "Easy on Me" by Adele and "Motion Sickness" by Phoebe Bridgers for a "No Bones Day," while others included upbeat songs like "Golden" by Harry Styles and "Good as Hell" by Lizzo for a "Bones Day."
Spotify also noted the revival of decades-old songs and musical genres that had a resurgence in popularity thanks to
The prevalence of TikTok in Spotify Wrapped comes as it becomes an increasingly powerful tool within the music industry, with many artists tapping into the social
Looking ahead to 2022, Spotify is continuing to tap into the power of TikTok. The streamer announced last week it started beta-testing a TikTok-like vertical video feed within its Discover feature.
- A student who accidentally became a millionaire with a cult following after selling his expressionless selfies as NFTs says he feels confused
- Internship at Bureau of Police Research & Development: Checkout all the details including last date, eligibility and stipend
- One of the largest cryptocurrency swapping platforms just lost $1.3 million as users failed to update approvals
- Reliance Industries, Vodafone Idea, Axis Bank, Deepak Nitrite and other hot stocks on January 24
- Fortune oil maker Adani Wilmar is looking to acquire southern players in edible oil, FMCG industry
- After 10-minute grocery delivery, a 15-minute ambulance service grabs investor interest
- Decentralised file sharing, movie streaming, and much more — these are top five Web3 cryptocurrencies to keep an eye on in 2022
- This Indian couple plans to get married in a Hogwarts-themed metaverse to beat the pandemic's restrictions