Frozen 2 posts the biggest-ever weekend collection for an animated movie in India
Frozen 2is the biggest weekend grosser for animated movies in India.
- Disney’s Frozen 2 earned ₹22.74 crore in three days.
- The film grossed 3.35 crore on the day of its release.
- It doubled its collections on day two as it collected 6.75 crore nett on Saturday.
#Frozen2 is a success... Goes from strength to strength... Emerges big fav of kids/families... Crosses *lifetime bi… https://t.co/v5GRM8mmkJ— taran adarsh (@taran_adarsh) 1574665807000
Disney’s FROZEN 2 is now the biggest weekend grosser for any animation movies in India collecting ₹19.10 NBOC (₹22.74 cr GBOC) in 3 days. Families and kids thronged theaters in huge numbers.
According to Box Office India, the film posted a healthy weekend but might not hold well on weekdays.
Disney India got Priyanka Chopra and Parineeti Chopra on board to voice Elsa and Anna — two lead characters of Frozen 2 (Hindi Version), says Walt Disney Studio. In anticipation of competition, no big movie was released along with it.
Directed by Chris Buck and Jennifer Lee, Frozen 2 released in India in English, Hindi, Tamil and Telugu on November 22. The first part of the film, Frozen released in 2013 and reportedly earned about ₹4 crore from India alone.
Globally, Frozen 2 had the biggest ever opening weekend. It earned an estimated $350.2 million in its opening weekend — registering the biggest ever opening weekend for an animated movie in November.
So far Frozen 2 has received rave reviews from all the critics with 7.3 IMDb rating and 75% Rotten Tomatoes score.
- Two foreigners held for drug peddling
- Bio-secure bubbles – Here's how IPL players will be staying safe during the pandemic
- INTERVIEW: Chennai-based CAMS’ 30-year journey to an IPO
- Amazon pumps in money into MORE to take on the heavyweights Reliance Retail and DMart
- 30 COVID vaccine candidates being developed: Health Ministry