George, Amal Clooney donate over USD 1 mn towards coronavirus relief
According to Deadline, the couple has donated over USD 1 million directed towards six different funds and charities in need.
The Clooneys have pitched in USD 250,000 each to The Motion Picture and Television home, where the actor is a board member, the SAG-AFTRA FUND, and Los Angeles Mayors Fund.An additional USD 300,000 has also presented to three international charities - Lebanese Food Bank, Lombardo Italy Region and the National Health System in the UK.
The Mayor's Fund for Los Angeles supports the Emergency COVID-19 fund to help provide childcare for the city's first responders and healthcare workers, help with shelter for the homeless, the feeding the elderly and offering direct financial assistance to the locals that have been impacted.The Lebanese Food Bank feeds the needy unable to work, the elderly, the disabled, those with chronic diseases, single mothers and orphans.
The Lombardo Italy Region directly support hospitals in the Lombardo region that are facing the ongoing health crisis. Italy has been the worst-hit country to be affected by pandemic.Finally, the National Health Service COVID-19 appeal supports hospital staff and volunteers at the front line who are caring for COVID-19 patients. Other Hollywood celebs who have made contributions towards COVID-19 relief efforts include Ryan Reynolds-Blake Lively, Angelina Jolie, Rihanna, Kylie Jenner, Shawn Mendes, Jay-Z and Meek Mills, etc. RDSRDS
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Glee.S.T! January 2021 GST collection may have beat the December record
- Simply put, Airtel says all it now needs is spectrum to deliver 5G services at a speed of up to 900 Mbps
- India’s Prime Minister Narendra Modi may just have signalled a big allocation for defence equipment manufacturing, 3 days before the budget
- Haryana government extends suspension of mobile internet services in Sonipat, Jhajjar and Palwal till Friday
- Sourav Ganguly undergoes fresh angioplasty, two more stents implanted