'Glass Onion' star Daniel Craig says he didn't want to make 'a song and dance' about Benoit Blanc's sexuality: 'I don't want people to get politically hung up on anything'
- "Glass Onion" star Daniel Craig didn't want to make a "song and dance" of Benoit Blanc's queerness.
- Last month, director Rian Johnson confirmed that the character is queer.
Last month, Insider reported that during a press conference for "Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery" at the London Film Festival, director Rian Johnson confirmed that the lead character Benoit Blanc (Craig) is queer. In the film, which opened in theaters Wednesday, there is a particular scene that indicates Blanc is living with a man.
In a new interview with Deadline, Craig said that he was fine with the plot point being revealed at the festival despite his dislike of spoilers.
"The less of a song and dance we make about that, the better, really, for me, because it just made sense," he said. "And also, as I said at the LFF, who wouldn't want to live with the human being that he happens to live with? It's nice, it's fun. And why shouldn't it be? I don't want people to get politically hung up on anything."
"Glass Onion" follows Benoit Blanc as he is invited to take part in a murder mystery game on a lavish Greek island. He is joined by several new characters played by a star-studded cast including Edward Norton, Kate Hudson, Kathryn Hahn, Dave Bautista, Leslie Odom Jr., and Janelle Monae.
"Daniel had everyone over to his villa for dinner, and it was nice because it kind of brought everyone together," Cline said. "I was nervous because I know them [as] characters that they've played, but I don't know them. I had my little freakout when I first met everyone. I had to go to the bathroom and I was like, 'You're good, you're good.' And then from there on out it was just a good time."
"Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery" is in theaters now.
- RBI expected to hold rates for the 5th time in a row, no cuts likely before Q2FY25
- IBM, Meta launch AI Alliance to build open, responsible AI
- Have no fear in saying 'I'm on medication': Karan Johar on his battle with anxiety
- Bajaj Chetak Urbane vs Ola S1 Air – price, range and features compared
- Global crypto market hits $1.5 trillion as panic buying fuels Bitcoin price