'Glass Onion' star Daniel Craig says he didn't want to make 'a song and dance' about Benoit Blanc's sexuality: 'I don't want people to get politically hung up on anything'
- "Glass Onion" star Daniel Craig didn't want to make a "song and dance" of Benoit Blanc's queerness.
- Last month, director Rian Johnson confirmed that the character is queer.
Last month, Insider reported that during a press conference for "Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery" at the London Film Festival, director Rian Johnson confirmed that the lead character Benoit Blanc (Craig) is queer. In the film, which opened in theaters Wednesday, there is a particular scene that indicates Blanc is living with a man.
In a new interview with Deadline, Craig said that he was fine with the plot point being revealed at the festival despite his dislike of spoilers.
"The less of a song and dance we make about that, the better, really, for me, because it just made sense," he said. "And also, as I said at the LFF, who wouldn't want to live with the human being that he happens to live with? It's nice, it's fun. And why shouldn't it be? I don't want people to get politically hung up on anything."
"Glass Onion" follows Benoit Blanc as he is invited to take part in a murder mystery game on a lavish Greek island. He is joined by several new characters played by a star-studded cast including Edward Norton, Kate Hudson, Kathryn Hahn, Dave Bautista, Leslie Odom Jr., and Janelle Monae.
"Daniel had everyone over to his villa for dinner, and it was nice because it kind of brought everyone together," Cline said. "I was nervous because I know them [as] characters that they've played, but I don't know them. I had my little freakout when I first met everyone. I had to go to the bathroom and I was like, 'You're good, you're good.' And then from there on out it was just a good time."
"Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery" is in theaters now.
- I'm a 56-year-old IT worker who got laid off last year and have been unemployed ever since. I have a hunch I'm not finding work due to ageism. How do I prove it?
- Live your life American Express’ Platinum way: Exceptional privileges, rewards and experiences
- Germany relaxes Schengen visa rules for Indians
- WhatsApp rolls out contact cards sharing on Windows beta
- FIFA WC: Lionel Messi doing well, says Argentina manager Scaloni amid injury concerns
- ADB, Wabag sign USD 25 mn debt facility for sanitation, water security in India
- RBI pauses onboarding of online merchants by Paytm Payments Services; firm says no material impact on biz
- Over 50% of microbusinesses had no mechanisms to cushion Covid impact, Road to Recovery report says
- Tata Aviation
- Visa Platinum Prepaid Card
- Interest Rate on Deposits
- Uniparts IPO
- Air India crew guidelines
- Mukesh Ambani
- tata Consumer
- Asus new Desktop
- Sandhya Devanathans
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- Small Cap Companies
- India Pharma
- Tata Tiago cng vs Alto k10 cng
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World