Gwyneth Paltrow says she no longer feels comfortable in front of the camera and will return to acting only if her husband writes the script
- In an interview on Naomi Campbell's YouTube series, "No Filter with Naomi,"
Gwyneth Paltrowsaid she'd return to acting only if she's "f---ing the writer."
- Paltrow was referring to her husband, the TV producer and writer
Brad Falchuk, who cocreated several TV shows with Ryan Murphy including "Glee," "American Horror Story," and "The Politician," the latter of which was Paltrow's most recent television acting credit.
- Paltrow added that she'd recently realized she didn't feel comfortable in front of the camera and had started acting so young that it took her a long time to ask herself whether she actually enjoyed being an actor.
Gwyneth Paltrow says she will return to acting only if she is "f---ing the writer" - meaning her husband, Brad Falchuk, would have to be behind the script.
Paltrow was speaking on Naomi Campbell's YouTube series "No Filter with Naomi." Paltrow told Campbell that someone recently asked her: "'What is it going to take to get you acting again?'""And I said I have to be f---ing the writer," Paltrow said. "But that's sort of it. If my husband writes something and he wants me to do it, then I'll do it."
Also in the interview, Paltrow told Campbell she didn't feel comfortable in front of the camera, which she said was "something that I think I realized later in life.""I actually haven't been that comfortable being a public person or being in front of the camera even though I've done it for so long," Paltrow said. 'There's a part of me that really feels shy and doesn't feel like I'm naturally an extrovert."
Paltrow continued: "I started doing it so young. I went for a long time before I asked myself, like, do I like this job? Am I comfortable doing this? Do I want to be an actor?"She also starred in the Netflix documentary series "The Goop Lab" in 2020, but her most recent movie credit as an actor was for "Avengers: Endgame." Paltrow appears to be in no rush to get back to acting, though she told Campbell she'd like to "go back onstage one day" as she "loved doing theater." Campbell worked with Falchuk on "American Horror Story: Hotel," - the show's fifth season - when she guest-starred in two episodes. "It was an amazing experience," she said. "Loved it."
Paltrow has been focusing on her lifestyle company, Goop, though her company's health advice has come under fire. Paltrow also shared her lockdown wellness routine last year, which included "sex oil" and a $1,049 gemstone heat-therapy mat.
Watch the full interview below:
- IMF projects 11.5% growth rate for India in 2021, only major economy to record double digit growth
- Connaught Place to remain shut as farmers' tractor parade turns violent
- After violent clashes with police, farmers swarm Red Fort
- DMRC closed entry and exit gates of yellow, green, violet and blue lines in surge of farmers protest
- Delhi Police fires tear-gas shells on farmers near Akshardham temple and Sanjay Gandhi Transport Nagar