How to make the Vaulting Pole, the most important new tool in 'Animal Crossing: New Horizons' that lets you access the rest of your island
- The Vaulting Pole is by far the most important tool in "Animal Crossing: New Horizons," the latest entry in Nintendo's best-selling life simulator series.
- In the early game, you'll need the Vaulting Pole to leave the starting area and explore most of your island.
- To make the Vaulting Pole in "Animal Crossing: New Horizons," you'll need to donate at least five unique fish or bugs to Tom Nook, and then wait until the next morning.
- Once you have the Vaulting Pole recipe, you'll need to find five softwood pieces to build it.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Friday marked the release of "Animal Crossing: New Horizons," the fifth installment in the adorable life simulator series by Nintendo. While previous games in the series have seen your character move into a new town to make friends or even become mayor, "New Horizons" features a different premise: you're dropped onto a deserted island, and expected to turn it into a vibrant, nurturing community.
To do this, you'll need a variety of tools, including bug nets, watering cans, and more. The most important of these tools, however, is the Vaulting Pole.
In the early game, most of your deserted island will be blocked off by impassable rivers. You won't be able to build bridges over these rivers until much later, and until then, you'll need the Vaulting Pole to cross.
With the Vaulting Pole, you can leap straight over these rivers, no bridges required.
To get the Vaulting Pole, you'll need to put in a bit of work. Here's how to get the Vaulting Pole in "Animal Crossing: New Horizons."