Hrithik Roshan’s War collections reach ₹304 crore in league with Avengers: Endgame
- Hrithik Roshan’s War becomes the only Hindi film to cross ₹300 mark at the box office.
- Until now, the only film to cross ₹300 crore mark was Marvel Studios’ Avengers: Endgame.
- The movie was released across 4200 screens had collected ₹53.3 crore on its opening day.
The box office collections of
Abki baar 300 paar... #War hits triple century... Analysing the Blockbuster run of the highest grossing #Hindi film… https://t.co/1QyFpS2e1J— taran adarsh (@taran_adarsh) 1571630770000
Ranveer Singh and Deepika Padukone starrer Padmaavat recorded a lifetime box office collection of ₹302.15 crore.
War is now among the sixth highest grosser so far. The first five highest grosser hindi films are Baahubali 2, Dangal, Sanju, PK, Tiger Zinda Hai, Bajrangi Bhaijaan.
Business over weekends
War also became the top grossing film of 2019 in its third week in India, a title previously held by Shahid Kapoor’s Kabir Singh.
#War benchmarks... Crossed ₹ 50 cr: Day 1 ₹ 100 cr: Day 3 ₹ 125 cr: Day 4 ₹ 150 cr: Day 5 ₹ 175 cr: Day 6 ₹ 200 cr:… https://t.co/5GVn9wT6wx— taran adarsh (@taran_adarsh) 1570959641000
War is an action thriller where an Indian soldier Khalid (
This is the second hit of Roshan this year as his movie Super 30 was also commercially and critically acclaimed. Until then, he had been suffering from a dry spell as his big budget movies Kaabil and Mohenjo Daro had both flopped as they released in 2016 and 2017.
Hrithik Roshan and Tiger Shroff-starrer War enters the ₹200 crore club
'Joker' had the biggest October opening weekend ever, taking in $93.5 million
- EVTRIC, a new brand of electric scooters hit the market starting at a little less than ₹65,000
- Realme’s sub-brand DIZO launches its first budget smartwatch in India at ₹3,499
- Radico launches a music video to honour Indian athletes at the Tokyo Olympics
- ₹10,000 invested in IRCTC shares on listing is worth more than ₹38,000 today — the record could get even better
- e-RUPI explained — India’s new electronic voucher-based payment system to reduce leakage in welfare programmes