It’s Saif versus Saif at the box office as Tanhaji is ahead of Jawaani Jaaneman
- Jawaani Jaaneman starring
Saif Ali Khanand Alaya Furniturewala saw a decent start, earning ₹7.7 crore in two days.
- Some of the business was hurt because its HD print was leaked online by notorious piracy site Tamil Rockers, a day after the release.
Tanhajiwhich was released almost a month ago is giving tough competition to Jawaani Jaaneman and on its way to collect ₹250 crore.
AdvertisementJawaani Jaaneman starring Saif Ali Khan and Alaya Furniturewala opened to a decent start, earning ₹7.79 crore in two days. It is likely to earn ₹5 crore on its third day as per box office predictions.
Some of the movie’s business was hurt after its HD print was leaked online by notorious piracy site Tamil Rockers a day after the release. In the meanwhile, yet another Saif starrer Tanhaji where he has won laurels for playing Udaybhan Singh Rathore - is going strong and pipped to make ₹250 crore.
#JawaaniJaaneman gathers speed on Day 2... Being patronised by its target audience [metros]... Trending much better… https://t.co/5uJHavfmNh— taran adarsh (@taran_adarsh) 1580619904000
“Saif Ali Khan brings great charm to his role. Alaya Furniturewalla is wonderfully cast,” said Saibal Chatterjee from NDTV. The movie also marks the debut of Alaya Furniturewala and also stars Tabu as her mother.
The unbeatable Tanhaji
Few films released after January 10 weekend have been able to keep up with the unabated run of Ajay Devgn’s Tanhajii. The movie has collected ₹243 crore so far and has also beaten. Ranveer Singh-starrer Simba which made ₹240 crore.
Many movies have fallen victim to Tanhaji released a month back like the Deepika Padukone-starrer Chhapaak which released on the same day. In the coming weeks, movies like Jai Mummy Di, Panga and Street Dancer 3D did not enthuse viewers who chose to watch the story of Maratha war general instead.
Tanhaji is now close to breaking the record of 2019 blockbuster, Uri: The Surgical Strike, recorded a collection of ₹245 crore. It is also one of those few movies which remained in the theaters for three weeks - which is uncommon in current times when a single week collections determine if a movie is successful or not.
Tanhaji wins the third weekend battle too — as Street Dancer 3D and Panga fail to put up a fight
Ajay Devgn’s Tanhaji moves the masses while Chhapaak fails to make a splash
Popular on BI
- More than $100,000 raised for loyal Burger King employee of 27 years in GoFundMe campaign after video shows him getting 'goody' bag as reward
- 'Get your boy Elon in line:' Former NASA official says she was ridiculed for supporting SpaceX in new memoir
- India is betting on casinos, online games and horse races to fill its coffers
- Best voltage stabilizers for home in India
- Asus teases the ROG Phone 6 gaming phone — confirmed to feature IPX4 splash-resistance
- Supercomputers are faster and more powerful — but need to be more energy-efficient
- Best hair removal cream for women in India
- Sensex, Nifty maintain 3-day streak, rally by nearly 1%