Jared Leto is unrecognizable and Lady Gaga is devilishly fierce in the first trailer for 'House of Gucci'
House of Gucci" follows the assassination of Maurizio Gucci(played by Adam Driver). Lady Gagashines in the trailer as Gucci's wife, and Jared Letois unrecognizable as Gucci's cousin.
- The movie opens on November 24.
The long-awaited first trailer for "House of Gucci" is here, and it doesn't disappoint.
The movie is based on the 2001 book "The House of Gucci: A Sensational Story of Murder, Madness, Glamour, and Greed" that follows the plotting and assassination of the head of Gucci, Maurizio Gucci.
Director Ridley Scott has been trying to make the movie as far back as 2006 - at that point, he had Leonardo DiCaprio attached to play Gucci and Angelina Jolie starring as his wife, Patrizia Reggiani.
Now, the film is finally a reality, with Adam Driver in the Gucci role and Lady Gaga playing Reggiani.
Marking Gaga's first film role since wowing audiences in 2018's "A Star Is Born," the "Gucci" trailer indicates she's set to impress audiences once again with her performance. In the movie, Reggiani is thrust into the Gucci world when she marries Maurizio. But things seem to go sideways due to family drama and the wealth and power that surrounds the fashion empire.
The film also stars an unrecognizable Jared Leto as Gucci's cousin, alongside Al Pacino, Jeremy Irons, and Salma Hayek.
"House of Gucci" is set for theatrical release on November 24 - a prime time for Academy Award consideration.
Watch the full trailer below.
- Airlines can now operate 85% of pre-Covid domestic flights, says Aviation Ministry
- Yes Bank-DHFL case: No sympathy, says court, Rana Kapoor's wife, daughters remanded to judicial custody
- Punjab Chief Minister Amarinder Singh resigns amid ongoing turmoil in Congress
- Future of Work 2021: Work from home is here now, but people demand some physical sense at work
- Deadline for PAN-Aadhaar linkage extended till March 2022