Jennifer Aniston has 20 million Instagram followers — that’s more than Amitabh Bachchan and Shah Rukh Khan
Jennifer Anistonhas 20 million followers on Instagram — within 33 days of opening an account.
- This 50-year-old actress has more followers than Indian superstars like
Amitabh Bachchanat 13.9 million and Shahrukh Khan at 19.4 million.
- Around a month back, Aniston broke the Internet when she joined Instagram as she got a million followers in just 5 hours and 16 minutes.
This 50-year-old actor has more followers than Indian superstars like Amitabh Bachchan at 13.9 million and Shahrukh Khan at 19.4 million
Around a month back, Aniston broke the Internet when she joined Instagram as she got a million followers in just 5 hours and 16 minutes. That is a Guinness World Record.
On the very day of her debut, she posted a selfie with her ‘Friends’ co-stars —
Considering the popularity of this 90s show, followers flocked her account with so many comments that it spurred technical problems. So much so, a few couldn’t even follow her account.
Later, Aniston posted a ‘sorry not sorry’ picture for creating a frenzy.
Aniston’s Instagram debut also gave a massive boost to all her Friends costars. According to CrowdTangle, each co star has gained over a million followers a week after she joined the platform. Though none of them have as many followers as Aniston.
Even when the popularity of the show was at its peak, Aniston has remained the most popular and sexiest of all the six stars. Yet she had always attributed her success back to the show. “I am an icon because I was in an iconic show sporting an iconic haircut,” she had said.
The show Friends which is known for the many re-runs is one of those few shows which continues to remain popular even with centennials -- those 24 and younger. Aniston also declared that the ‘Friends’ show would have a much-awaited reunion, keeping this buzz alive.
Personally though, Aniston is already worried about getting addicted to the app.
“I decided to get two phones … So one sits in my office and when that [Instagramming] has to happen, I’ll commit to that,” she told The Los Angeles Times.
- Brand loyalty strategies need to evolve alongside consumers
- PM Narendra Modi says containment and contact tracing are key to coronavirus management
- India's COVID-19 recovery rate nears 70%
- Putin announced that Russia approved a COVID-19 vaccine — and gave it to his daughter — despite serious concerns over its safety
- After 10 years of trying, NASA finally bounced its first-ever laser beam off the lunar orbiter