Jennifer Aniston says she's skipping the Emmys because she's taking 'baby steps' out of the pandemic
- Aniston told "Jimmy Kimmel Live!" that she's skipping the Emmys this weekend.
- She says she is still taking "baby steps" when it comes to socializing due to the pandemic.
- The 2021 Emmy Awards are set to air Sunday, September 19 at 8 p.m. ET on CBS.
Jennifer Aniston said during her appearance on "Jimmy Kimmel Live!" earlier this month that she will not be attending the Emmys on Sunday because she is still taking "baby steps" when it comes to socializing amid the global coronavirus pandemic.
Aniston starred in 10 seasons of the hit sitcom "Friends" as Rachel Green. The series' reunion show, "Friends: The Reunion," which aired earlier this year, is nominated for four Emmy awards, including outstanding directing for a variety special.
Whilst the reunion show has failed to win three of those awards that were announced at the Creative Arts Emmys ceremonies last weekend, the final category, Outstanding Variety Special (Pre-Recorded), will be announced on Sunday.
The "Friends" star, who appeared on Kimmel's show Monday, said that appearing on the late-night show was a "big step" for her when asked about the Emmy.
She said that Ben Winston, the producer and director of "Friends: The Reunion," will be attending the event instead.
"This is a big step for me to just be here," Aniston said, adding: "I'm [taking] baby steps."
"I've just lost a few people in my weekly routine who have refused or did not disclose [if they've been vaccinated], and it was unfortunate," Aniston said.
Metro reported back in July that the Television Academy announced via a statement that live award ceremonies "will have limited audiences of nominees and their guests only" and all attendees "will be required to show proof of vaccination for admittance."
After the announcement that "Friends: The Reunion" was nominated for four Emmys, the "Friends" cast shared praise for the director Winston on social media.
Aniston wrote on her Instagram Story: "Congrats to my @friends family on four Emmy nominations. This was such a special reunion for us and we couldn't be happier to share it all with you. AND extra extra special thanks and shout out to @mrbenwinston who made it all happen. You're brilliant and WE LOVE YOU!"
The 2021 Emmy Awards are set to air Sunday, September 19 at 8 p.m. ET on CBS.
- Realme GT Neo 2 5G review: Great performance, fine display but camera needs work
- Cisco says a company 'leader' who encouraged TikTok followers to report strippers to the IRS is no longer employed at the company
- A half-mile installation just took 20,000 pounds of plastic out of the Pacific - proof that ocean garbage can be cleaned
- G7 leaders favour CBDCs provided they ‘support and do no harm’ to central banks
- India's farmers protest takes a gruesome turn with a chilling murder at the scene — here’s the sequence of events
- Bizarre! Shubhman Gill was brought back to bat after being declared out
- Ruturaj Gaikwad and Faf du Plessis — amazing data on how the two openers led CSK to IPL 2021 championship
- Budget and safety top criteria for Chennai households during festive season:LocalCircles
- India T20 World cup Jersey
- Photo Editors Apps
- Advantage Club Hiring
- Best Indian Companies
- Dussehra Messages
- Punit Goenka
- Motorola Edge 20 Mobile
- Google TV stick vs Amazon Fire TV stick
- Oneplus 9rt smartphone
- Samsung Galaxy M52 review
- Nykaa IPO
- India Coal Crisis
- iPhone 13 vs iPhone 13 mini
- IRCTC Share price
- Maximum Sixes
- Tata Sons