Jennifer Lawrence debunks the myth that she faked her Oscars fall: 'It was this horrific humiliation'
Jennifer Lawrenceopened up about the myth that she faked her memorable fall on her way to accept her Oscar in 2013.
- On comedian Heather McMahan's podcast, "Absolutely Not," she said she really fell and that the whole thing was "horrific."
- She said things got worse when she saw
Anderson Coopersay on CNN days later that he thought she faked it.
- Lawrence said she confronted him about his comment when they ran into each other at a Christmas party.
- "My friend told me I had a vein bulging out of my neck," Lawrence recalled of talking to Cooper.
For years, there has been great debate about whether Jennifer Lawrence faked her fall while trying to accept her Oscar in 2013, with everyone from Anderson Cooper to Jared Leto convinced the star staged the whole thing.
Well, Lawrence is ready to speak about the famous moment and she wants you to know it was real.The Oscar-winner opened up about the whole thing on comedian Heather McMahan's "Absolutely Not" Dear Media podcast, even talking about the time she confronted Cooper after hearing him say he thought she faked her fall.
She continued: "I didn't want to write down a speech, so I have everything in my head and very, very nervous. They call my name, I'm elated and in shock. You kind of back out, I actually don't remember what that moment felt like when they said my name. And then I fell and it just erased everything from my mind and my whole brain went blank.""I can look back on it now, I'm a little older now, but for a very long time the whole thing was very sensitive," Lawrence said.
Already embarrassed by the whole thing, Lawrence said it got worse when she was watching CNN days later and Cooper said that it was obvious that she faked the fall."It was so devastating because it was this horrific humiliation to me," she said, adding, "And I'll tell you what, I saw him at a Christmas party and I let him know. My friend told me I had a vein bulging out of my neck. But he apologized and I think we're good friends now. Lawrence recalled how she went at Cooper. "What I led with was, 'Have you ever tried to walk up stairs in a ball gown? So then how do you know?' He apologized immediately, he was like, 'I don't know,'" Lawrence said.
For those who don't know what occurred the night of the 85th Academy Awards: After Lawrence was named the best actress winner for her performance in "Silver Linings Playbook" and embraced costar Bradley Cooper, she had to walk up the stairs to the stage.
As she pointed out to Cooper, that's no easy feat in a ball gown. She lost her footing on the stairs and, clearly embarrassed, stayed there for a moment before collecting herself and going up the rest of the way.The moral to this whole thing: When you see someone trying to navigate stairs in a gown, ask if you can lend a hand.
- How Airtel’s AdTech platform is planning to deliver on the promise of ‘zero ad frauds’ to its clients
- Traffic jam on the Ganga - one of India's largest rivers will now get lane separators to deal with crowded boats
- Synology DiskStation DS220+ review – the perfect cloud replacement for backing up photos and files
- US drug regulator says Johnson & Johnson's Covid-19 vaccine safe and effective
- Top stocks to watch on February 25