Jennifer Lawrence was reportedly injured after a controlled explosion on the set of Netflix's 'Don't Look Up'
Jennifer Lawrenceon Friday was hit with debris on set for "Don't Look Up" but is expected to be OK.
- The Boston Globe said she suffered an injury after a controlled explosion on set in Massachusetts.
- Lawrence stars in the 2021
Netflixmovie alongside Leonardo DiCaprio and Cate Blanchett.
Jennifer Lawrence on Friday suffered an injury in or near her eye while filming Netflix's movie "Don't Look Up" on a set outside of Boston, according to a report from The Boston Globe.
Two sources close to the production told The Boston Globe that the actress was hit by debris that came from a special-effects explosion at the movie's filming location in Brockton, Massachusetts.
The report said that during the controlled explosion, a trash can crashed through a window, causing fragments to hit Lawrence, who covered her face.
Filming was paused for a day after her injury early Friday morning, and Lawrence is expected to recover, a source told Boston's ABC affiliate WCVB.
"Don't Look Up" has been filming in and around Boston, according to WCVB, and it's set to be released on Netflix this year. Some photos captured of Lawrence and DiCaprio filming "Don't Look Up" show them at a Boston transit station. Lawrence, who seems to have red-colored hair and short bangs as part of the film, is also seen wearing a face shield while leaving the set.
Read more: Every single Jennifer Lawrence movie, ranked
The movie's director and writer, Adam McKay, is known for directing Will Ferrell comedy
Along with Lawrence, Cate Blanchett, Leonardo DiCaprio, Jonah Hill, Ariana Grande, Timothée Chalamet, Meryl Streep, and Kid Cudi will star in "Don't Look Up," according to Entertainment Weekly.
Representatives for Lawrence did not immediately respond to Insider's request for comment.
- At least 21 people, mostly teens, were found dead in a South Africa bar. None of them had any visible wounds.
- Lay’s, Kurkure and Bingo are taking over Indian snacks like Aloo Bhujia, Murukku
- More than $100,000 raised for loyal Burger King employee of 27 years in GoFundMe campaign after video shows him getting 'goody' bag as reward
- Meet Akash Ambani — new chairman of Reliance Jio and owner of Mumbai Indians
- Best apps for Instagram hashtags and captions
- Akash Ambani to head Reliance Jio - that’s just phase I of Mukesh Ambani’s succession plan
- Maha crisis: Thackeray appeals to the rebels to come back
- Tata Motors to increase price of its commercial vehicle segment from July 1