Jessica Simpson sings about addiction in an emotional new cover of the song 'Particles'
- Jessica Simpson said her newly released song about addiction helped to "heal her."
- She released a cover of "Particles" by Nothing But Thieves on Thursday.
Jessica Simpson said that her new release, a song about addiction, helped to "heal her."
"The whole idea of music heals is a very real statement to me. This song healed a broken piece of me," the pop star wrote in the description of the video uploaded to YouTube.
In a Twitter thread posted earlier this month, Simpson shared a photo of herself from when she was living with addiction in 2017.
"I had so much self discovery to unlock and explore," she wrote of her past self.
"I can't believe it has been 4yrs! It feels like maybe 2," she added, referencing how many years she has been sober.
Simpson said she learned to "allow myself to take back my light, show victory over my internal battle of self-respect, and brave this world with piercing clarity."
"The drinking wasn't the issue. I was. I didn't love myself. I didn't respect my own power. Today I do," she added.
She concluded: "I am free."
-Jessica Simpson (@JessicaSimpson) November 1, 2021
- Pathan, Liger, Godfather: Here’s a list of forthcoming movie releases that will decide the fate of the multiplexes
- Taj Mahal continues to lose its sheen due to pollution in the Yamuna and industrial emissions
- ICICI Bank market-cap hits ₹6 lakh crore as its stock rises to a record high
- Jio, Airtel could emerge stronger weakening Vodafone Idea further, say analysts
- Foreign investors pour over Rs 12,000 cr in Indian equity in last 10 days