Jodie Foster would now like to be in a Marvel movie 3 years after comparing them to 'fracking'
Jodie Fosteris at the Cannes Film Festival to receive her honorary Palme d'Or award
- Deadline reported that the actress said during a Q&A, "I'd like to do a
- In 2018, Foster told Radio Times that Marvel movies were "ruining the viewing habits" of audiences.
"The Mauritanian" star Jodie Foster made the surprising admission at Cannes that she would like to get a role in the
The two-time Oscar winner spoke at a Q&A after receiving an honorary Palme d'Or award at the Cannes Film Festival earlier this week. The award honors her career in the film industry including making an appearance in "
Deadline reported she said, "I'd like to do a Marvel film," adding that she also shared her appreciation for "Iron Man" and "Black Panther." However, it's worth noting that in its report from the same Q&A, Variety says Foster "side-stepped" the Marvel question: "They are fabulous films," she replied. "But there is enough space for everybody, we are all different"
Insider has reached out to representatives for Foster to confirm the quote.
In 2018, Foster was not as keen to be in Marvel movies or blockbusters like it. She told Radio Times that "going to the movies has become like a theme park."
"It's ruining the viewing habits of the American population and then ultimately the rest of the world," she said.
Renowned director Martin Scorsese made similar criticism about Marvel films a year later to Empire.
Foster added: "Studios making bad content in order to appeal to the masses and shareholders is like fracking - you get the best return right now but you wreck the earth. It's ruining the viewing habits of the American population and then ultimately the rest of the world."
She insisted to Radio Times that she did not want to make "$200 million movies about superheroes." However, she did say she would consider a superhero protagonist if they had a "really complex psychology."
"I feel like I make movies because there are things I have to say in order to figure out who I am or my place in the world, or for me to evolve as a person," she continued.
Oscar-winning actors are no stranger to superhero franchises. There are 26 Oscar winners either currently in the Marvel Cinematic Universe or already confirmed in upcoming films.
- Cisco says a company 'leader' who encouraged TikTok followers to report strippers to the IRS is no longer employed at the company
- Cryptocurrency investment 101 — here’s how to do your own research (DYOR) and invest in the right digital asset
- Realme GT Neo 2 5G review: Great performance, fine display but camera needs work
- India's farmers protest takes a gruesome turn with a chilling murder at the scene — here’s the sequence of events
- Bizarre! Shubhman Gill was brought back to bat after being declared out
- Ruturaj Gaikwad and Faf du Plessis — amazing data on how the two openers led CSK to IPL 2021 championship
- Budget and safety top criteria for Chennai households during festive season:LocalCircles
- Electric bus makers on a roll as states like Maharashtra and Karnataka send in large orders
- India T20 World cup Jersey
- Photo Editors Apps
- Advantage Club Hiring
- Best Indian Companies
- Dussehra Messages
- Punit Goenka
- Motorola Edge 20 Mobile
- Google TV stick vs Amazon Fire TV stick
- Oneplus 9rt smartphone
- Samsung Galaxy M52 review
- Nykaa IPO
- India Coal Crisis
- iPhone 13 vs iPhone 13 mini
- IRCTC Share price
- Maximum Sixes
- Tata Sons