Jodie Foster would now like to be in a Marvel movie 3 years after comparing them to 'fracking'
Jodie Fosteris at the Cannes Film Festival to receive her honorary Palme d'Or award
- Deadline reported that the actress said during a Q&A, "I'd like to do a
- In 2018, Foster told Radio Times that Marvel movies were "ruining the viewing habits" of audiences.
"The Mauritanian" star Jodie Foster made the surprising admission at Cannes that she would like to get a role in the
The two-time Oscar winner spoke at a Q&A after receiving an honorary Palme d'Or award at the Cannes Film Festival earlier this week. The award honors her career in the film industry including making an appearance in "
Deadline reported she said, "I'd like to do a Marvel film," adding that she also shared her appreciation for "Iron Man" and "Black Panther." However, it's worth noting that in its report from the same Q&A, Variety says Foster "side-stepped" the Marvel question: "They are fabulous films," she replied. "But there is enough space for everybody, we are all different"
Insider has reached out to representatives for Foster to confirm the quote.
In 2018, Foster was not as keen to be in Marvel movies or blockbusters like it. She told Radio Times that "going to the movies has become like a theme park."
"It's ruining the viewing habits of the American population and then ultimately the rest of the world," she said.
Renowned director Martin Scorsese made similar criticism about Marvel films a year later to Empire.
Foster added: "Studios making bad content in order to appeal to the masses and shareholders is like fracking - you get the best return right now but you wreck the earth. It's ruining the viewing habits of the American population and then ultimately the rest of the world."
She insisted to Radio Times that she did not want to make "$200 million movies about superheroes." However, she did say she would consider a superhero protagonist if they had a "really complex psychology."
"I feel like I make movies because there are things I have to say in order to figure out who I am or my place in the world, or for me to evolve as a person," she continued.
Oscar-winning actors are no stranger to superhero franchises. There are 26 Oscar winners either currently in the Marvel Cinematic Universe or already confirmed in upcoming films.
- How to use the realistic crying face filter on Snapchat
- Elon Musk praised Netflix for telling employees to quit if they couldn't work on content they disagreed with. He previously bashed the platform as having a 'woke mind virus.'
- The Terra LUNA crypto crash has sparked the debate on ‘true’ decentralisation
- Bharti Airtel's revenues soar by 22% year on year, net profit 165% in Q4FY22
- Volkswagen Virtus vs Skoda Slavia: Specifications and features compared
- LIC makes a weak debut on exchanges today: Here is what analysts have to say
- Top free iPhone and iPad games for all age groups
- Best phones under ₹50,000 in India