Kabir Singh is Spotify’s most streamed album — with 4 songs in the top 10
- According to Spotify,
Kabir Singhwas the most streamed album followed by Mesmeric Voice - Tulsi Kumar, and Frolic Neha Kakkar.
- The most-streamed song on Spotify in 2019 was Señorita by Shawn Mendes and Camilla Cabello, followed by Kabir Singh’s Tujhe Kitna Chahne Lage by Arijit Singh & Mithoon.
- Arijit Singh was the most-streamed artist in India.
Kabir Singh was the most streamed album in 2019 followed by Mesmeric Voice - Tulsi Kumar, and Frolic Neha Kakkar. In fact, four of the songs in the stop ten belong to the movie album.
“This year’s most-streamed song on Spotify in India is Señorita, by the couple that took the summer by storm - Shawn Mendes and Camilla Cabello, followed by Kabir Singh’s Tujhe Kitna Chahne Lage by Arijit Singh & Mithoon, and Bekhayali by Sachet Tandon and Parampara Thakur. Speaking of Kabir Singh, it's also the album that won Indian hearts, and is the most-streamed album on Spotify in the country.” said Spotify in a press release.
The year was also good for Arijit Singh, who sang three of the top 10 — who became the most-streamed artist in India. Arijit was followed by Tanishk Bagchi who sang Makhna; Neha Kakkar — the voice behind O Saki Saki, and Badshah who sang Mercy.
“We were also thrilled to see Tanishk Bagchi, Dhvani Bhanushali and Asees Kaur occupy the top three positions in the list of top breakout* artists from India, with fans gained across the world. Among international artists, users streamed Post Malone extensively, making him the only non-Indian artist to feature in the country's top-streamed artists list in 2019” said Spotify.
According to the streaming giant, India’s music mood for the year is “love and chill”. The top ones in these genres were Bollywood Mush, Warm Fuzzy Feeling, Bollywood Acoustic and Chill Tracks.
Indians are also warming up to podcasts. On Purpose with Jay Shetty was the most-streamed podcast on Spotify. The second on the list was VIEWS with David Dobrik and Jason Nash and The Misfits Podcast.
“The most consumed podcast genres of 2019 in the country were society and culture, comedy and business. Spotify also recently announced platform-exclusive podcasts from India, including cricket centric 22 Yarns with Gaurav Kapur, fiction thriller Bhaskar Bose narrated by Mantra, and love and relationship advice-based Love Aaj Kal with Aastha and Ankit,” said Spotify.
- It only takes 50 tweets to find a troll on Twitter
- Best neckband headphones for a rich audio experience
- India’s first private player to successfully test a homegrown rocket engine is on track for its first full rocket launch by 2021
- Hiring is on a slow rise in India, but the numbers are nowhere close to pre-COVID levels
- Microsoft confirms Xbox Series X to launch in November