Kanye West claimed Kim Kardashian is officially a billionaire in a bizarre vegetable tribute post
- Kanye West tweeted a congratulatory message to his wife Kim Kardashian West for "officially becoming a billionaire," and included a photo of vegetables in the bizarre tribute.
- West wrote: "You've weathered the craziest storms and now God is shining on you and our family."
- Kardashian West just sold a stake in her beauty brand KKW Beauty to Coty Inc for $200 million.
- However, Forbes estimates that the deal leaves Kardashian West with a net worth of $900 million, rather than a billion.
Kanye West tweeted that his wife Kim Kardashian has "officially" become a billionaire, along with a photo of some vegetables.
"I am so proud of my beautiful wife Kim Kardashian West for officially becoming a billionaire," West wrote. "You've weathered the craziest storms and now God is shining on you and our family."West finished his tribute to his wife by writing: "So blessed this is still life. So I made you this still life. We love you so much."Advertisement
—ye (@kanyewest) June 30, 2020On June 29, Forbes reported that Kardashian West sold a stake in KKW Beauty, her beauty brand, to Coty Inc for $200 million. However, Forbes estimates that the deal actually leaves Kardashian West with a net worth of $900 million.
The deal leaves Kardashian West as the majority owner of KKW Beauty with a 72% stake in the company,Similarly, Kardashian West's sister Kylie Jenner sold 51% of Kylie Cosmetics to Coty for $600 million (pricing her company at about $1.2 billion) earlier this year. Again, Forbes estimates that this left Jenner with a net worth of around $900 million, like her sister.
Kardashian West herself hasn't tweeted about the deal yet, although she did tweet that she was "so blessed and forever grateful" a few hours before her husband's message.
—Kim Kardashian West (@KimKardashian) June 29, 2020Kardashian West also tweeted about her daughter North's birthday, which she said they were celebrating "Wyoming style."
—Kim Kardashian West (@KimKardashian) June 29, 2020Meanwhile, West himself teased new music from his upcoming album "God's Country."Advertisement
—ye (@kanyewest) June 29, 2020
Read more:20 surprising things you probably didn't know about 'Keeping Up With the Kardashians'Advertisement
- Film industry wishes speedy recovery for Big B, son Abhishek after they test COVID-19 positive
- 535 new COVID-19 cases in Assam
- Expand plasma therapy facilities for COVID-19 patients: CM
- West Bengal records biggest single-day jump of 1,344 COVID-19 cases
- Amitabh Bachchan and son Abhishek test positive for COVID-19, hospitalised