Kanye West renounced his antisemitism, saying he realized he was wrong after watching Jonah Hill in '21 Jump Street'
- Ye wrote on Instagram that watching the movie "21 Jump Street" made him "like Jewish people again."
- He thanked Jewish actor Jonah Hill for inspiring the change of heart.
Ye, the rapper formerly known as Kanye West, wrote in an Instagram post that "watching Jonah Hill in 21 Jump street made me like Jewish people again."
He appeared to acknowledge his previous antisemitic comments that sparked controversy and led to him being temporarily removed from social media and losing multiple business deals.
The rapper returned to Instagram to share an image of the 2012 film's poster and said watching it caused him to have a change of heart.
"No one should take anger against one or two individuals and transform that into hatred towards millions of innocent people," he added. "No Christian can be labeled antisemite knowing Jesus is Jew."
He ended the message with: "Thank you Jonah Hill I love you."
Ye's antisemitic comments included a declaration that he liked Hitler, a tweet that said he was "going death con 3" on Jewish people and other comments that Jewish groups said invoked antisemitic tropes.
Ye's comments were widely condemned by Jewish groups and celebrities, including his ex-wife Kim Kardashian who did not name him but said in a tweet that she stood with the Jewish community.
The Anti-Defamation League said this month that it had counted 59 incidents in which antisemites cited Ye.
- A 24-year-old stock trader who made over $8 million in 2 years shares the 4 indicators he uses as his guides to buy and sell
- My fiancé and I picked out my engagement ring together before he proposed, and I don't regret missing out on the surprise
- Financial inclusion made easy for India’s small merchants with Paytm’s pioneering QR codes and Soundbox
- 10 Must-Do activities on your next Darjeeling Trip
- Govt received ₹1,70,501 crore in April as revenue
- Shubman Gill, Sunil Narine, Virat Kohli & more: IPL man of the series winners since 2008
- Five personal finance deadlines you can’t afford to miss in June
- List of famous things to buy in Darjeeling