Kat Dennings said she once had to mime getting away from Nicolas Cage in an audition because he refused to touch her
Kat Denningstold Variety that an audition with Nicolas Cagewas one of her "best memories."
- The audition, she said, involved her character being physically restrained.
- But Cage wouldn't touch Dennings out of respect, so Dennings had to mime the whole thing.
Kat Dennings said a bizarre audition with Nicolas Cage was one of the "best memories" of her life.
Dennings, who is starring in Marvel's "WandaVision," told Variety that she was in the final audition for a part in a "very dramatic" movie that ended up being nominated for a ton of Oscars and was directed by a "hugely famous director."The scene she was auditioning with involved her being physically restrained by the actor in the movie, who happened to be Cage. Dennings said the scene's dialogue revolved around her character trying to get away from Cage's character. But things didn't go to plan.
"I was like, 'I'm going to be miming this.' So a scene where I am asking to be let go of and physically wriggling out of this man's grip became a miming session. But I understand and I respect that the actor made that decision. But at the time, it was not great because I was like: 'I look like an absolute moron. I'm not getting this.'"Dennings said that while the audition wasn't what she anticipated, she still enjoyed auditioning with Cage, who she said was one of her favorite actors.
"I'm actually really grateful for that experience just because I wanted to be in a room with Nicolas Cage," Dennings said. "But what's nice is that he was so respectful, and I think that might have been where it was coming from, like, I'm a young girl so he didn't want to physically touch me and make me uncomfortable. I appreciate it. I really do."Dennings is starring in "WandaVision" as Darcy Lewis, a role she played in two movies in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, "Thor" and "Thor: The Dark World." Darcy is helping Randall Park's FBI agent Jimmy Woo figure out what is going on in Westview and what is happening to Elizabeth Olsen's Wanda. It's unclear whether Darcy's role will get bigger in "WandaVision," which has started to call back to past MCU movies, but her character has proved pretty useful so far. Meanwhile, Dennings said she was going to "assume" her character wouldn't be in the next "Thor" movie, which is currently shooting. She said she hadn't been asked to do anything for it but would be up for anything Marvel wanted her to do.
- If you are feeling anxious and overwhelmed by the pandemic and the news around it, here are a few ways to calm yourself down
- Delhi extends lockdown till May 17, more strict restrictions to be imposed
- China's Long March rocket debris falls in Indian Ocean close to Maldives, ending days of uncertainty
- India crosses 4,000 mark of COVID deaths in a single day, total 2,42,362 fatalities reported so far
- Debris from China's disintegrating rocket enters Earth's atmosphere