Kate Beckinsale says she believes her 'high IQ' may have handicapped her Hollywood career
Kate Beckinsalerevealed that she has a "high IQ" of 152.
- The actress said she believes her IQ has had a negative impact on her acting career.
British actress Kate Beckinsale told
The 48-year-old who studied French and Russian literature at Oxford University and speaks fluent Russian told Stern that her mother had her IQ tested when she was a young girl. An
"I think she had me tested because very bright children are near unbearable," Beckinsale said.
Later during the interview, Beckinsale called her mother who confirmed that her IQ test score was, in fact, 152. According to Healthline.com, a score of 100 is generally considered to be average while a score of 130 or higher is considered to be a high IQ.
Stern said that he wished he "had an IQ of 152" to which Beckinsale replied: "You don't."
"Every single doctor, every single person I've ever come across has said, 'You'd be so much happier if you were 30 percent less smart,'" she said. "It's no good to me, though. It's really not helpful to me in my career. I just think it might have been a handicap actually."
Later Stern joked that Beckinsale's high IQ must also negatively affect her dating life, to which she responded: "I've always found I can forgive an awful lot if somebody's funny. So, there's a certain degree of intelligence in somebody funny that I'm able to mess with."
Earlier this week, Beckinsale told James Corden's "Late Late Show" that she sustained a mildly serious injury while putting on leggings in a hotel room.
"Having done 800 or 900 action movies, I hurt myself putting on a pair of leggings in my hotel room," the actress said.
"I was doing a very intense emotional drama, and not running up walls or anything, and I was in my hotel room putting on a pair of lettings and then it sort of felt like a guitar string snapped and everything was horrific. I mean, worse than having a baby bad."
She added: "Eventually, an ambulance came and they sort of rolled out a sheet and picked me up in it like a sausage and put me on a gurney."
- Indian government confirms that its new crypto bill is not the same as the old one
- These are the best Windows 11 widgets to improve focus and boost productivity
- Between becoming Twitter’s CEO and gaining 10x more followers overnight, the craze around Parag Agrawal has taken some funny turns
- WPP acquires Cloud Commerce Group
- Immersion cooling has been around for over a decade, but it’s coming back in vogue thanks to Bitcoin mining