Keanu Reeves reveals why he turned down 'Speed 2' even though he 'really wanted to work with Sandra Bullock' again
Keanu Reevesrevealed he turned down a role in " Speed 2" because of the script.
- During an appearance on "The Graham Norton Show," Reeves said he didn't "respond" to the writing.
Keanu Reeves revealed why he turned down a role in "
Reeves appeared on the talk show Friday, and was asked by another guest on the segment, Jack Whitehall, why he didn't reprise his role as Jack Traven in "Speed 2: Cruise Control."
"At the time, I just didn't respond to the script," Reeves revealed. "I really wanted to work with
The "Matrix Resurrections" star explained to Whitehall that while he "loved" the original film, he had trouble understanding why the second film took place aboard a cruise ship in the Caribbean.
"It wasn't against any of the artists that were involved in the project, but at that time — I'm sure we've all had this kind of feeling sometimes when things just don't feel right, and that was how I was feeling," Reeves said.
"I loved 'Speed,' but... now it's on an ocean liner?" the "Matrix" star said of his reaction to the sequel's script.
Norton joked that in "real life," Reeves "dodg[ed] a bullet" by declining to appear in "Speed 2," which was critically-maligned upon its release in 1997 and currently holds a 4% rating on Rotten Tomatoes.
This isn't the first time Reeves has spoken about his experience filming "Speed." In 2019, he revealed that he had a crush on his costar Sandra Bullock.
Reeves, who starred in "John Wick: Chapter 3," appeared on "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" and spoke about the 1994 action
"She obviously didn't know I had a crush on her either," he said.
Reeves went on to say that they didn't date because "we were working."
- Govt approves PLI scheme for making drones with outlay of Rs 120 cr, comes out with norms
- Apple transportation through drones to become reality in tribal Kinnaur district of HP
- Researchers develop device that uses sound waves to separate blood-based nanoparticles
- 5 Bihar villages to be developed into human-carnivore coexistence zone
- Delhi's air quality will likely improve from Sunday evening, says IMD
- Dharmaj Crop IPO
- Reliance Jio
- Digital Nomad Visa
- Whatsapp tips
- Air India crew guidelines
- Mukesh Ambani
- Larget Employers
- Highest Revenue companies
- New Cars in December 2022
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- Maruti Suzuki
- Top Valuable unlisted Company
- Tata Tiago cng vs Alto k10 cng
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World