Keanu Reeves reveals why he turned down 'Speed 2' even though he 'really wanted to work with Sandra Bullock' again
Keanu Reevesrevealed he turned down a role in " Speed 2" because of the script.
- During an appearance on "The Graham Norton Show," Reeves said he didn't "respond" to the writing.
Keanu Reeves revealed why he turned down a role in "
Reeves appeared on the talk show Friday, and was asked by another guest on the segment, Jack Whitehall, why he didn't reprise his role as Jack Traven in "Speed 2: Cruise Control."
"At the time, I just didn't respond to the script," Reeves revealed. "I really wanted to work with
The "Matrix Resurrections" star explained to Whitehall that while he "loved" the original film, he had trouble understanding why the second film took place aboard a cruise ship in the Caribbean.
"It wasn't against any of the artists that were involved in the project, but at that time — I'm sure we've all had this kind of feeling sometimes when things just don't feel right, and that was how I was feeling," Reeves said.
"I loved 'Speed,' but... now it's on an ocean liner?" the "Matrix" star said of his reaction to the sequel's script.
Norton joked that in "real life," Reeves "dodg[ed] a bullet" by declining to appear in "Speed 2," which was critically-maligned upon its release in 1997 and currently holds a 4% rating on Rotten Tomatoes.
This isn't the first time Reeves has spoken about his experience filming "Speed." In 2019, he revealed that he had a crush on his costar Sandra Bullock.
Reeves, who starred in "John Wick: Chapter 3," appeared on "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" and spoke about the 1994 action
"She obviously didn't know I had a crush on her either," he said.
Reeves went on to say that they didn't date because "we were working."
- The college student who tracks Elon Musk's private jet says the Tesla CEO only seems to care about tracking planes if it affects him
- A 53-year-old longevity researcher says his 'biological age' is a decade younger thanks to 4 daily habits — but the science behind them is mixed
- A millennial who became a millionaire after the 2008 crash says building wealth is about more than opportunistic investing. You also have to make lifestyle changes and load up on side hustles.
- ChatGPT Plus subscription launched in India – price, benefits, and more
- India gains 2 spots on mobile download speeds globally
- The worst ODI losses for the Indian cricket team
- As Covid cases rise, Kerala, Maharashtra, Gujarat report highest numbers
- Air India to temporarily reduce flights on some US routes: CEO Campbell Wilson