Kelly Clarkson says she can't be 'truly open' about her divorce because her kids are involved
Kelly Clarksonfiled for divorcefrom her husband of seven years, Brandon Blackstone, in June.
- In an interview with the Los Angeles Times published last week, Clarkson said she won't publically share intimate details of the divorce process, despite typically being a "very open person."
- She cited her two children and two stepchildren, who are also affected by the divorce, as her reason for keeping her
relationshipdissolution to herself.
Kelly Clarkson said she won't be sharing many details about her divorce from her husband of almost seven years, Brandon Blackstone, because children are in the picture.
In a September 11 interview with Los Angeles Times reporter Yvonne Villarreal, Clarkson said she's typically "a very open person," but can't be that way as she parts with Blackstone, a country music manager. She filed for divorce in June.
She cited the children she shares with Blackstone, River Rose, 6, and Remington Alexander, 4, and Blackstone's children from a previous relationship, 13-year-old Seth and 18-year-old Savannah, as her reason for keeping things more private than usual.
"But my children and his older children — there are a lot of little hearts involved in this and while people feel, 'Oh my gosh, what a loss ...' imagine how it is in the epicenter of the storm," Clarkson told Villarreal. "It's a lot to process and deal with, just as a family. So because it's not just me, I probably won't go too deep with it."
Clarkson said she anticipates guests on her talk show "The Kelly Clarkson Show" will bring up her split, but plans to keep more intimate details to herself, she said.
But writing about the divorce in her music isn't off-limits, and she told Villarreal she's been creating lots of new lyrics for an upcoming album during the pandemic.
"It's funny, I actually told my therapist recently, 'I have no idea how one goes through any kind of huge life change, like a divorce, that doesn't have some kind of an outlet,'" Clarkson said of using music to cope with the divorce.
"Even from my childhood, my mom told me I had a problem expressing my emotions and all these things when I was really young and that I should start writing," Clarkson said. "So that's me expressing it. I usually leave it in the songs and that's usually my therapy."
She released her most recent album, "Meaning of Life," in 2017.
- Govt approves PLI scheme for making drones with outlay of Rs 120 cr, comes out with norms
- Apple transportation through drones to become reality in tribal Kinnaur district of HP
- Researchers develop device that uses sound waves to separate blood-based nanoparticles
- 5 Bihar villages to be developed into human-carnivore coexistence zone
- Delhi's air quality will likely improve from Sunday evening, says IMD
- Dharmaj Crop IPO
- Reliance Jio
- Digital Nomad Visa
- Whatsapp tips
- Air India crew guidelines
- Mukesh Ambani
- Larget Employers
- Highest Revenue companies
- New Cars in December 2022
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- Maruti Suzuki
- Top Valuable unlisted Company
- Tata Tiago cng vs Alto k10 cng
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World