Kim Kardashian admits she broke up with Kris Humphries in 'the worst way' and 'absolutely' owes him an apology
Kim Kardashiansaid she "absolutely" thinks she owes Kris Humphriesan apology for their split.
- The two were married for 72 days in 2011 before Kim filed for divorce from the former NBA star.
- "I totally handled it the wrong way," the reality star said about her divorce with Humphries.
Kim Kardashian said she "absolutely" thinks she owes her ex-husband, Kris Humphries, an apology for how she handled their breakup.
Kim opened up about her short-lived marriage to the former NBA player during part one of her family's wide-ranging reunion special with TV host Andy Cohen, which aired on Thursday, that reflected on 20 seasons of "Keeping Up With The Kardashians." The show ended June 10 after 14 years on air.
Kim and Cohen were also joined by Kim's sisters - Kourtney Kardashian, Khloé Kardashian, Kylie Jenner, and Kendall Jenner - and momager Kris Jenner during Thursday's interview.
During the conversation, Kim admitted that she felt pressured to go ahead with her wedding to Humphries in 2011 because they filmed it for "KUWTK," and she didn't want to be known as "the runaway bride forever," even though she had cold feet and didn't really want to get married.
Jenner chimed in and said that she encouraged her daughter to reconsider marrying Humphries if Kim was having second thoughts about the then-engaged couple's relationship.
According to Kim, Jenner told her: "Go. I'm going to put you in a car. No one will find you. Just leave, and I'll handle it."
Kim said on Thursday that she realized that she'd "made the wrong decision" in marrying Humphries when the couple was on their honeymoon in Italy, and she felt "claustrophobic" just from looking at his shoes in their hotel room.
"I was so nervous to break up with someone," Kim told Cohen about her split from Humphries. "I totally handled it the wrong way. I fully broke up with him in the worst way, and I just didn't know to deal."
"I learned so much from it," she added.
When Cohen asked Kim if she thought she owed Humphries an apology for the manner in which she broke up with the NBA star, Kim said "absolutely," adding that she actually tried calling Humphries "for months" to apologize but never heard back.
Kim and Humphries were married for 72 days
While it's unclear how Humphries feels about his short-lived marriage almost a decade later, Kim said during the reunion he refused to talk to her when they ran into each other in 2015.
"I had North in my hand. I had my big huge belly - I was about to give birth to Saint," Kim said about running into Humphries. "All of his friends got up and said 'Hi' to me, and he looked at me and wouldn't even speak to me."
The aspiring lawyer also pushed back on media speculations that she married Humphries for publicity, clarifying that whatever money she and her ex-husband made to film the wedding for "KUWTK" was actually used to pay for the ceremony and the reception.
"I wanted a bigger wedding than what ['KUWTK' was] going to pay for," Kim said. "So I used all of our production money on the wedding. If that was fake, I would have saved my money."
Humphries also previously shot down rumors that the two got married for the cameras. In a 2019 essay for The Player's Tribune, Humphries said it "bothered" him when people called his marriage to Kim "fake."
"There's definitely a lot about that world that is not entirely real," Humphries wrote in the essay. "But our actual relationship was 100% real. When it was clear that it wasn't working … what can I say? It sucked."
- JPMorgan's Jamie Dimon says he isn't afraid of China, but would leave if the US government told him to
- Charlie Munger once said he and Warren Buffett weren't interested in emulating Elon Musk: 'We don't want that much failure'
- Instagram's crisis highlights the bigger issues the entire ad industry is facing
- Over 60 schools in and around Bengaluru receive bomb threat, students evacuated safely
- TVS Motor Co sales rise 31% to 3,64,231 units in November
- Johnny Depp unknowingly taught Ranveer Singh the craft of acting
- Midcap index rising for last 21 sessions, hitting fresh highs since November 16
- Global smartwatch shipments up 9% in Q3, Fire-Boltt & Huawei hit new highs: Report