Kim Kardashian cried after Kanye West recovered the last of her sex tape footage from her ex, Ray J
Kim Kardashiancried when presenting a computer containing her remaining sex tapefootage to family.
- She said on "
The Kardashians" that Kanye Westretrieved the computer for her.
On Thursday's new episode of "The Kardashians," Kim Kardashian cried when telling her family that Ye, formerly known as Kanye West, had retrieved the remaining footage from her sex tape with her ex Ray J, which first leaked in 2007.
Prior to her "Saturday Night Live" hosting appearance in October 2021, Kardashian was dealing with purported extra footage of the sex tape, as shown on the family's new Hulu reality series. In the first two episodes of the show, she dealt with threats of further footage of her sex tape being released, something that she feared would affect the four children — North, Saint, Chicago, and Psalm — that she shares with Ye.
"So Kanye flew home last night and he came back this morning, and I wanna show you guys what he got me," Kardashian said on episode three of the show after calling her mother and sister, Khloé, to her hotel room.
"He got me all of the sex tape back," Kardashian said through tears, wiping some away from her eyes. "And he flew home and got the computer it was on, the hard drive, and he met up with Ray J at the airport and got it all back for me."
Kardashian said in a confessional during the episode that she knew Ye retrieved the sex tape footage not only for her, but for their children as well.
"I wanna shield them from as much as I can, and if I had the power to, or if Kanye has the power to, that is just the most important thing to me and I'm just, like, so emotional because of it," Kardashian said. "It just means a lot to me."
Ye had previously spoken about retrieving the laptop from Ray J in a sit-down interview with Hollywood Unlocked that was released in January. In the interview, he said that he met Ray J at the airport and took a red-eye flight back to New York to deliver it to Kardashian in the morning.
A representative for Kardashian said in a statement at the time, obtained by People, that the footage Ye obtained was not sexual in nature, something that Kardashian said herself in the third episode of "The Kardashians." After viewing the footage, she said in the episode that it only showed her and Ray J at a restaurant and a nightclub.
"Now I can take a deep breath and not worry about this right before 'SNL,' right before the Bar, right before like, everything," Kardashian said.
- More than $100,000 raised for loyal Burger King employee of 27 years in GoFundMe campaign after video shows him getting 'goody' bag as reward
- 'Get your boy Elon in line:' Former NASA official says she was ridiculed for supporting SpaceX in new memoir
- India is betting on casinos, online games and horse races to fill its coffers
- Best voltage stabilizers for home in India
- Asus teases the ROG Phone 6 gaming phone — confirmed to feature IPX4 splash-resistance
- Supercomputers are faster and more powerful — but need to be more energy-efficient
- Best hair removal cream for women in India
- Sensex, Nifty maintain 3-day streak, rally by nearly 1%