Kristen Stewart is the spitting image of Princess Diana in first look at 'Spencer'
Kristen Stewartstars as Princess Dianain " Spencer."
- The movie has begun production and will be shooting in the UK and Germany.
- It follows Princess Diana over a weekend when she decides to leave Prince Charles.
The first look of Kristen Stewart playing Princess Diana in the upcoming movie "Spencer" was released on Wednesday and she looks uncannily like the late royal in the photo.
"Spencer," directed by Pablo Larraín ("Jackie"), has begun production and will be shooting in the UK and Germany. The movie will follow Princess Diana over Christmas weekend when she decided to leave Prince Charles.
Here is the full synopsis: December, 1991: The Prince and Princess of Wales' marriage has long since grown cold. Though rumors of affairs and a divorce abound, peace is ordained for the Christmas festivities at Sandringham Estate. There's eating and drinking, shooting and hunting. Diana knows the game. This year, things will be a whole lot different.
Larraín found acclaim in the 2016 movie, "Jackie," in which he transformed Natalie Portman into a grieving Jackie Kennedy following the assassination of her husband, President John F. Kennedy. The performance by Portman earned her a best actress Oscar nomination.
This has all the makings of a similar outcome for Stewart as Princess Di.
The movie also stars Sally Hawkins ("The Shape of Water") and Sean Harris ("Prometheus").
"Kristen is one of the great actors around today," Larraín told Deadline back in June when the project was announced. "To do this well, you need something very important in film, which is mystery. Kristen can be many things, and she can be very mysterious and very fragile and ultimately very strong as well, which is what we need."
"The accent is intimidating as all hell because people know that voice, and it's so, so distinct and particular," Stewart said. "I'm working on it now and already have my dialect coach."
Neon plans to release "Spencer" in the fall of this year, ahead of the 25th anniversary of Diana's death in 2022.
- Close-ups of footage said to show Gabby Petito's van near where a body was found appear to show the rear door closing
- Elon Musk pulled his 'last remaining house' off the market after vowing last year to get rid of nearly all his possessions
- It's never been more clear: companies should give up on back to office and let us all work remotely, permanently
- iPhone with under-screen Touch ID could take even longer than expected
- OnePlus 2.0: OxygenOS and ColorOS to merge into a unified OS starting 2022
- Here’s what experts have to say about Cadbury Dairy Milk’s latest ad that has taken the internet by storm
- The collapse of Evergrande, one of China’s largest home developers, is “not a Lehman moment” but the fear may haunt steel and metal stocks in India
- SBI Cards, Adani Ports, HCL Tech and other top stocks to watch out for on September 21