Lena Dunham explains the viral 'awkward' red carpet photo of her trying to kiss Brad Pitt
Lena Dunhamtalked about a red carpet moment with Brad Pittat the 2019 premiere of " Once Upon a Time in Hollywood."
- In the photo, fans said it appeared Dunham was awkwardly trying to kiss Pitt.
- Speaking to Andy Cohen virtually on "
Watch What Happens Live" Monday night, Dunham said that the moment wasn't forced.
- "The way the internet read it was I had somehow physically accosted him, causing him a great deal of stress," Dunham said, before adding, "I would never force a kiss on Brad Pitt."
- "I respect him far too much as an artist and a friend," she explained.
- According to Dunham, Pitt knew she felt "nervous" about the moment, so he took her into a room where they "secretly ate pizza" together.
- Visit Insider's homepage for more stories.
Lena Dunham explained a 2019 red carpet moment with Brad Pitt during an interview with Andy Cohen on Monday.
Appearing virtually on Cohen's show "Watch What Happens Live," Dunham addressed the viral moment in which she appeared to try and kiss Pitt at the red carpet premiere of their 2019 film, "Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.""I don't know if you remember, there was a sort of awkward photo taken of the two of us," Dunham began, referencing photos of the uncomfortable moment that surfaced after the premiere. Advertisement
"Well, the way the internet read it was I had somehow physically accosted him, causing him a great deal of stress," Dunham continued, adding, "I would never force a kiss on Brad Pitt. I respect him far too much as an artist and a friend."
According to Dunham, Pitt tried to make her feel more comfortable with a secret pizza party.
"Later that night, because he knew I felt nervous, he took me into a room and we secretly ate pizza and I told him I like his ring and he gave it to me," Dunham gushed to Cohen. "And I wear it and every time I wear it, something amazing happens."In August, Dunham and Pitt's seemingly awkward red carpet moment caused a bit of a stir on social media, after pictures that appeared to show Dunham trying to kiss her costar went viral online. Dunham, who appeared in the Quentin Tarantino film along with Pitt, looked as if she was going in for a kiss while the stars posed on the red carpet in London. Photos from the event showed Dunham walking over to Pitt and then appearing to kiss him (somewhat unsuccessfully) on the lips.Advertisement
During her appearance on "Watch What Happens Live" Monday, Dunham also opened up about her experience with Pitt (whom she says she was already acquainted with before filming) on the set of "Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.""When I showed up to set, I didn't have some major megastar part, I was in a really great ensemble of girls so, I didn't expect... I expected, you know, a friendly hello from Brad," Dunham recalled. "And I think what happened was the best thing that's maybe ever happened to me." Advertisement
"He was doing a scene where he was parking a car and he's supposed to get out and look around, and he looked around and saw me at the edge of frame and came over and picked me up and spun me around," she continued, joking to Cohen, "It was like in one of those movies where the nerd shows up at the prom, and the hottest guy at school is like, 'Would you care to dance?'"
"He's a truly kind person who can read the room. And I was super nervous because I was around so many idols of mine, and he made me feel pretty cool," Dunham said of Pitt.
- Read more:
- A photo of Lena Dunham appearing to awkwardly kiss Brad Pitt has people talking about the double standards of consent
- Lena Dunham posts nude selfie to honor the anniversary of her hysterectomy
- How the stars of 'Once Upon a Time in Hollywood' compare to the real-life people they're playing
- HM commanders channelised drug smuggling money in J&K to support terror activities: NIA
- What is gender lens investing? Sangita Reddy, Kiran Mazumdar Shaw, Nandini Piramal, and Vani Kola share their thoughts
- Luxury icons Sabyasachi and Oberoi open up about their 'perfectionist quirks' like checking the color of egg yolks and slashing clothes so they can’t hit the edit table
- Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi warns against complacency in the fight against COVID-19
- Best budget smartphone deals under ₹20,000 in the Amazon Great Indian Festival Sale 2020