'Loki' is the biggest TV series in the world - and it reached the top faster than Disney+'s other Marvel shows
- "Loki" is the most popular series in the world across all platforms, according to Parrot Analytics.
- It rose in audience demand faster than Disney+'s other Marvel shows.
- Disney+ is moving its future original shows from Fridays to Wednesdays after "Loki's" success.
Disney+'s latest Marvel series, "Loki," is the biggest show in the world.
"Loki" became the most in-demand series in the world across all platforms faster than
The data suggests that Disney+'s Marvel shows are growing in popularity with each new series.
By June 16, seven days after it debuted, "Loki" was 89.9 times more in demand than the average show worldwide, lifting it to the top. It took "WandaVision" 14 days after its premiere to become the most in-demand global series and "The Falcon and the Winter Soldier" eight days.
Disney CEO Bob Chapek said last week that "Loki" was Disney+'s biggest premiere yet (Disney did not release viewership numbers and did not respond to a request from Insider on how it counts a view).
With "Loki's" success, Disney is moving its future original shows from Fridays to Wednesdays, including upcoming Marvel and "Star Wars" series. Shows like "The Falcon and the Winter Soldier" and "The Mandalorian" found success with Friday debuts, but "Loki" debuts weekly on Wednesdays.
The shift means that Disney won't be competing with Netflix, which typically releases new seasons all at once on Fridays.
Parrot Analytics said that it expects demand to build for "Loki" week over week as new episodes are released.
- Best face wash for men in India
- Bajaj in top gear, Hero flat while Maruti declines – here’s how Indian auto cos performed in June 2022
- Revenge shopping and revenge travelling trends are simmering down in India
- Bengaluru, Delhi, Hyderabad, and Mumbai among top-20 cities in Asia-Pacific for sustainable commercial real estate
- Sensex gains 327 points on firm global markets and buying in index majors