London Zoo refuses to grant Ricky Gervais his dying wish of being eaten by lions
- The London Zoo denied Ricky Gervais' wish to be eaten by lions after he dies, saying he might be "too gristly" for the lions' taste.
- Kathryn England, the zoo's chief operating officer, told The Sun last week that the zoo was struggling financially because of COVID-19 and would "welcome donations that will help us keep our lions fed on a more suitable diet."
- Gervais told Conan O'Brien last week that he wanted to give something back to the natural world because "we take everything from this world."
- Gervais also said he liked the idea of two lions reenacting "Lady and the Tramp" with his testicles and would "like the look on the tourists' faces when they just throw this dead, fat, naked 73-year-old" to the lions.
The London Zoo denied Ricky Gervais' wish to be eaten by lions after he dies.
The "After Life" star last week told Conan O'Brien that he'd want to give something back to the natural world by being "fed to the lions at London Zoo."Sadly for Gervais, the zoo refused. Kathryn England, the zoo's chief operating officer, told The Sun last week, "I suspect Ricky may be a bit gristly for our lions."
On TBS's "Conan," Gervais and Conan discussed the afterlife, and Gervais told the host that he thought a lot about how he wanted to go and what he'd like to have happen to his body. Cremation or burial isn't for him - Gervais said he'd like something a bit more charitable."I thought it would be good to be just fed to the lions at London Zoo. That would be useful, isn't it?" Gervais said. "We never give anything back. We take everything from this world. We just eat animals; anything that moves we eat. We destroy. Deforestation. We don't give anything back. Everything we do is for us. We're not even food for other things."
The comedian continued: "I'd like the look on the tourists' faces when they just throw this dead, fat, naked 73-year-old, maybe, if I'm lucky, to the lions, and as it lands, some people go, 'Is that the bloke from "The Office"?' They go, 'What, Steve Carell?' 'No, not f---ing Steve Carell. He's much fatter than Steve Carell.'"Gervais said he didn't care about "being dead" but did worry about how he dies. Gervais and Conan agreed that they didn't want to leave this world in an embarrassing way.Gervais actually used the word "gristly" in a rather graphic description of how he thought the lions' dinner might go if his wish were to come true.
"The idea that the lion - they always start with the soft bits. But if two lions went for my testicles, right, they'd be in for a shock, because they're really gristly and long," Gervais said.
"So you'd have two lions about 3 feet apart - it'd be like 'Lady and the Tramp.' They're eating my testicles, getting closer together."Over lockdown, Gervais was working on the script for season three of the acclaimed Netflix comedy-drama series "After Life." In an Instagram post, Gervais said he'd finished the second draft of the script.
Gervais said last year in a live chat on Twitter that the third season would definitely be the last one.
"Because so many of you watched #AfterLife2 so quickly and made it Number 1 again, the nice people at @Netflix have suggested that I get off my fat arse and do another season," he said. "This is all your fault."
—Ricky Gervais (@rickygervais) May 6, 2020Recently, however, Gervais has been the subject of criticism by the Scottish comedian Frankie Boyle, who condemned Gervais for consistently making jokes about trans people.
- GST exemption on domestic supplies, commercial imports of COVID drugs to make them costlier, says Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman
- Uttar Pradesh government extends statewide lockdown till May 17
- Marriage functions to be held at home or court with maximum gathering of 20 people, says Delhi DDMA
- PM Modi speaks to Chief Minsters of Punjab, Karnataka, Bihar and Uttarakhand regarding COVID-19 situation in their respective states
- If you are feeling anxious and overwhelmed by the pandemic and the news around it, here are a few ways to calm yourself down