'Love Hard' star Jimmy O. Yang pitched a sequel that would show his character moving in with Natalie in LA and becoming a 'club guy'
- Warning: There are spoilers ahead of the new
Netflixholiday rom-com titled " Love Hard."
Jimmy O. Yang(Josh Lin) spoke to Insider about his idea for a potential sequel.
"I pitched the writers an idea," Yang, who stars as a small-town guy named Josh Lin in the Netflix film, told Insider in an interview. "I think the next
"Love Hard," released on Friday, centers on an LA-based writer named Natalie Bauer (Dobrev) who falls fast for a guy on a dating app named Josh. When Natalie flies 3,000 miles to Lake Placid, NY to surprise him for the holidays and get her happy ending, she learns that she's been catfished.
The person seen in photos on the dating app turns out to actually be an outdoor-loving guy named Tag ("Never Have I Ever" star Darren Barnet) and the person she's really been communicating with is Yang's character, who looks nothing like Tag.
An unlikely romance forms between Natalie and the real Josh, and in the end, she realizes he's the one for her. By the movie's conclusion, the pair are seen enjoying each other's company around Christmastime.
But their future beyond the holidays is unclear, given that they live on opposite sides of the country.
Yang said that he'd like to see his character be the one to drop everything and relocate for love. He's also interested in seeing Josh evolve into someone completely unexpected when put in a new environment.
"In the second one, he should go overboard," Yang said. "He should come to LA and become a club guy; start hanging out at clubs and partying way too much because he became a scene guy and then get to reign him in."
The "Crazy Rich Asians" actor said that it would be interesting to see Josh go from "this vulnerable, really cute, sweet guy" to "a clubby asshole guy."
Yang has some sequel titles in mind, too.
"Love Hard" was inspired by two movies that Josh and Natalie have strong opinions on: "Love Actually" (a classic, but controversial Christmas movie) and "Die Hard" (a film that's been debated about for years).
In keeping with the mash-up title, Yang said that a possible sequel would have to be called "Love Harder" or "Die Actually."
- DBS Bank’s custom financing leads the way for companies trying to reach net-zero goals
- Republic Day 2022 – Here is a list of wishes and messages you can send to your fellow citizens
- The world's 5 richest tech tycoons — including Elon Musk, Jeff Bezos, and Bill Gates — have already lost about $85 billion this year amid a brutal market sell-off
- Brands celebrate Republic Day with patriotic fervour
- OPINION: Tax consolidation schemes need of the hour for India’s renewable energy sector
- Air India's new policy on pre-flight weight checks is not going well with its staff
- Anand Mahindra responds after farmer's humiliation at SUV showroom
- MakeMyTrip has a new CEO as founder Deep Kalra moves into chief mentor role