Marc Anthony's $7 million yacht caught fire and capsized in Miami - here's what happened
- Marc Anthony's 120-foot long yacht caught fire and capsized Wednesday night in Miami.
- No one was harmed by the fire, which took two hours for firefighters to get under control.
- The yacht was worth an estimated $7 million, Yahoo reported.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Singer Marc Anthony's yacht caught fire Wednesday night in Miami and capsized.At 7:30 p.m., Miami Fire Rescue responded to the fire, which was docked at a marina on Watson Island. Two fireboats initially arrived at the sight of the yacht already engulfed in flames.Advertisement
The team worked to extinguish the fire before it could spread to other boats docked at the marina.
"Boat fires can quickly go from a small compartment fire into an unstoppable blaze in a matter of minutes because of the material found onboard these vessels," Miami-Dade Fire Rescue said in a statement.The firefighters used an oil-absorbent to soak up oil on the surface of the water in order to decrease potential negative environmental impacts, according to Miami-Dade.
There were no reported injuries, although two crew members were aboard the yacht during the time of the fire.Keep scrolling to see photos taken by the Miami-Dade Fire Rescue of the yacht in flames:
The yacht was worth about $7 million, according to Yahoo.
It was named "Andiamo", which translates to "let's go" in Italian.Advertisement
Flames were under control in two hours with the help of more than 45 firefighters.
The yacht was 36.6 meters, about 120 feet, long, according to Boat International.Advertisement
Andiamo has six passenger rooms, one master bedroom, five double rooms, and one twin room.
The Grammy-winning singer was not on board during the time of the fire, a representative told USA Today.Advertisement
The cause of the fire has not yet been publicly announced.
- Odisha govt announces exemption of road tax for passenger buses
- Decision to reopen shrines would lead to spike in COVID-19 cases: WB BJP chief
- One more COVID-19 death in Jharkhand, total cases 521
- Bihar reports 19 COVID-19 deaths; number of cases rises to 3,359
- Nashik COVID-19 count reaches 1,151 as 43 test positive