Netflix allows users to lock their profile using protected PIN
Netflixis now allowing users to lock their individual profile using a protected PIN to prevent kids from streaming adult content.
- These new features are a part of Netflix’s endeavour to improve parental controls.
- Netflix said parents can also filter out titles that are not appropriate for kids and remove individual series or films by title.
Netflix is now allowing users to lock their individual profile using a protected PIN. This will keep kids and all of your friends and relatives — who somehow use your Netflix account without your permission — away. These new features come after Netflix started focusing more on improved parental controls.
Netflix said parents can also filter out titles that are not appropriate for kids and remove individual series or films by title. Once blocked, the title won’t show up in that particular profile. Moreover, parents will now be able to keep an eye on what their kids are steaming within their own profile. Parents can also disable the auto-play on children’s profiles to prevent binge watching.
These controls can be added to the Netflix profile by going to account settings on a laptop or a mobile browser.
“Choice and control have always been important for our members, especially parents. We hope that these improved controls will help parents make the right choices for their families.”Michelle Parsons, Kids Product Manager, Netflix said.
See also: Watch these Indian original shows on Netflix, Amazon Prime and Zee5
- Net monthly inflow from foreign investors turns positive for the first time in 2020 — thanks to GSK deal with Societe Generale
- Agriculture key to reviving economy in Nagaland: Minister
- BookMyShow lays off, furloughs 270 employees
- This Indian angel investment platform has invested in eight cos in 60 days and plans to fund startups every week
- South Korea reports 58 new virus cases