Vikings Season 5 blurs cooked meat and nudity in India — Netflix pushes blame on Network18
- The blurred scenes of the popular series also involve two pieces of cooked pork — a meat which could have possibly hurt sentiments.
VikingsSeason 5 Episode 12 is about 46 minutes long internationally. However, in India, the same episode is about 42 and a half minutes long. NetflixCustomer Care says they comply if they “receive written legal demand by the local governing authorities.”
- However, Netflix says it hasn't censored Vikings Season 5 rather this is the licensed content they received from History 18, the original broadcaster of the series.
Netflix India has censored meat (among quite a few other things) from Vikings. Same scene from India and Italy. https://t.co/NXCE9Kzmh4— Aroon Deep (@AroonDeep) 1590940261000
Ever since Netflix released Vikings in India viewers have been complaining about blurring out or completely eliminating a scene. Indian viewers on Twitter have pointed out that scenes with nudity were entirely blurred. Whereas, some violent scenes were entirely cut.
This is from UAE. An Arab country. Not censored here. FYI https://t.co/J68hN0fguE https://t.co/HmkFFIEpv2— SID (@ssaig) 1590993494000
@NetflixIndia still watching vikings s5 e12 and in one scene cooked meat on the table is censored...?what is up wit… https://t.co/lTSqvJmpPb— Sanjay vg (@SJvg21) 1587845767000
Hotstar, in March, censored one of the episodes from John Oliver’s Last Week Tonight where he was critical of Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
In 2015, Netflix India released Angry Indian Goddess in theatres with several cuts to avoid a backlash. However, it released an uncensored version soon after user demanded.
BevQ, Kerala’s liquor home delivery app, is ‘on the rocks’ with a 2.1 rating on the Google Play Store
China is a ‘bully’ says US Representative on India-China border issue
The coronavirus is weakening in Italy, several doctors say — but health authorities warn that 'this is still a killer virus'
- RIL, PNB, Reliance Capital, Union Bank of India and other hot stocks on November 30
- Star Health IPO opens today — Check out close date, allotment and other important details
- Meet Parag Agrawal, the IIT-Bombay grad who is taking over from Jack Dorsey at Twitter
- Bankrupt Sintex Industries' stock doubles after RIL showed interest to acquire it
- Omicron COVID-19: Kerala orders 7 days quarantine for arrivals from high risk countries