Vikings Season 5 blurs cooked meat and nudity in India — Netflix pushes blame on Network18
- The blurred scenes of the popular series also involve two pieces of cooked pork — a meat which could have possibly hurt sentiments.
VikingsSeason 5 Episode 12 is about 46 minutes long internationally. However, in India, the same episode is about 42 and a half minutes long. NetflixCustomer Care says they comply if they “receive written legal demand by the local governing authorities.”
- However, Netflix says it hasn't censored Vikings Season 5 rather this is the licensed content they received from History 18, the original broadcaster of the series.
Netflix India has censored meat (among quite a few other things) from Vikings. Same scene from India and Italy. https://t.co/NXCE9Kzmh4— Aroon Deep (@AroonDeep) 1590940261000
Ever since Netflix released Vikings in India viewers have been complaining about blurring out or completely eliminating a scene. Indian viewers on Twitter have pointed out that scenes with nudity were entirely blurred. Whereas, some violent scenes were entirely cut.
This is from UAE. An Arab country. Not censored here. FYI https://t.co/J68hN0fguE https://t.co/HmkFFIEpv2— SID (@ssaig) 1590993494000
@NetflixIndia still watching vikings s5 e12 and in one scene cooked meat on the table is censored...?what is up wit… https://t.co/lTSqvJmpPb— Sanjay vg (@SJvg21) 1587845767000
This isn’t the first time a streaming service has done something like this. Last year, Amazon Prime deleted an entire episode of CBS political drama Madam Secretary in its Indian version.
Hotstar, in March, censored one of the episodes from John Oliver’s Last Week Tonight where he was critical of Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
In 2015, Netflix India released Angry Indian Goddess in theatres with several cuts to avoid a backlash. However, it released an uncensored version soon after user demanded.
BevQ, Kerala’s liquor home delivery app, is ‘on the rocks’ with a 2.1 rating on the Google Play Store
China is a ‘bully’ says US Representative on India-China border issue
The coronavirus is weakening in Italy, several doctors say — but health authorities warn that 'this is still a killer virus'
- West Bengal records biggest single-day jump of 1,344 COVID-19 cases
- Amitabh Bachchan and son Abhishek test positive for COVID-19, hospitalised
- Tripura registers second COVID-19 death
- COVID-19: Noida records 2 more deaths, adds 89 cases
- 1,781 fresh COVID-19 cases take Delhi tally to 1,10,921; death toll mounts to 3,334