Nicolas Cage just got married for the fifth time
- Nicolas Cage, 57, married his girlfriend Riko Shibata, 26, in Las Vegas on February 16.
- This is the actor's fifth
- "It's true, and we are very happy," Cage said in a statement to USA Today.
The actor, 57, married Shibata, 26, in Las Vegas on February 16.
Cage told USA Today in a statement that "it's true, and we are very happy."
Shibata has also taken her new husband's name, according to their Nevada marriage license, which lists her as Riko Cage.
The couple got engaged in August on a video call, Cage told Marc Coppola on his Q104.3 radio show, because they were separated due to the coronavirus pandemic. Cage then sent her a black diamond engagement ring in the post.
"She left New York and went back to Kyoto, Japan, and I went back to Nevada and I haven't seen her for six months," Cage said on the show. "We're really happy together and we're really excited to spend that time together, so I finally just said, 'Look, I wanna marry you,' and we got engaged on FaceTime."
Cage's wedding to Shibata signifies his fifth marriage. He was previously married to actress Patricia Arquette between 1995 and 2001, and then Lisa Marie Presley from 2002 to 2004.
His ex-wife Alice Kim, with whom he shares his 15-year-old son Kal-El, was present at the ceremony as the pair are still good friends, a representative told USA Today.
- Smart farming can prove to be a game changer in the coming days
- India must pitch for Rupee as dollar distancing might be finally happening: SBI Ecowrap
- Snapchat+ comes to India with exclusive features — here's how much it costs and how to sign up
- Xiaomi’s CyberOne humanoid robot can detect human emotions and costs as much as a Ford Mustang
- Markets may open slightly higher as they await Indian inflation data