Noah Cyrus told people to 'just wear the damn masks' 8 hours before attending a party with Diplo and Tana Mongeau maskless
- Noah Cyrus told her fans to "wear the damn masks" over the weekend, then went partying without one.
- She attended a party with YouTuber Tana Mongeau where Diplo was DJing.
- Instagram stories showed none of the stars were wearing masks at the event.
- The behavior has become expected from Mongeau, but fans were disappointed with Cyrus for being so hypocritical.
- Party attendees may have been tested upon entry, but gatherings are still prohibited in California.
Noah Cyrus preached to her 5.8 million Instagram followers to wear a mask over the weekend, only to go out partying eight hours later without one.
"Just wear the damn masks," she wrote in the caption of a photo where she wore a royal blue Louis Vuitton face covering.
Cyrus then attended a party on September 26 with her friend, YouTuber Tana Mongeau. Diplo was DJing at the event that appeared to have a few dozen people in attendance. Influencer Jon Marianek's Instagram story showed Mongeau behind the decks with Diplo with neither of them wearing masks. Cyrus' own Instagram story showed her maskless as well.
A post shared by noah (@noahcyrus) on Sep 26, 2020 at 4:40pm PDT
Mongeau has been maintaining a fairly consistent cycle of attending parties in LA throughout the pandemic then apologizing and saying she'll stay indoors afterwards.
A post shared by Rachael (@jake.fanaccount.otherhotstuff) on Sep 27, 2020 at 1:51pm PDT
The behavior may be less expected from Cyrus, however, as fans have been pointing out the hypocrisy of decrying non-maskers one minute then flauting the rules the next."Pretty! Kind of wish you hadn't gone to a house party though," one fan wrote on Cyrus' Instagram photo with a sad face emoji. "Seems to send kind of a confusing message to people."
"Wearing a mask for a photo then taking it off to party doesn't do any good," said another.
—Def Noodles (@defnoodles) September 28, 2020Party attendees may have been tested before coming into the building, hence why they felt comfortable being so close to each other without covering their faces. However, the current guidance in California is that parties are prohibited."To protect public health and slow the rate of transmission of COVID-19, gatherings unless otherwise specified are not permitted across the state of California until further guidance is issued by the California Department of Public Health," a recent statement from the California Department of Public Health reads.
Insider has reached out to representatives for Cyrus and Diplo for comment.
- K'taka to adopt decentralised models for vaccine delivery
- Thackeray seeks 'national vaccine distribution policy'
- Respite for slum dwellers along Delhi railway tracks as Centre tells SC that no coercive steps will be taken against them
- Farmers threaten to block highways after Haryana issues order to seal borders with Punjab for two days
- Telangana ready to administer Covid vaccine: KCR to PM