Paul Bettany says there's a big 'WandaVision' character that hasn't leaked and now fans are hoping we'll see Ian McKellan on the show
- "WandaVision" star Paul Bettany says there's a character reveal still to come on the Marvel show.
- Many thought a previous Bettany interview suggested Evan Peters was the big reveal.
- It's someone Bettany has always wanted to work with. Fans hope it's Patrick Stewart or Ian McKellen.
"Of all of the characters that we were trying to keep secret, a lot of them got out through leaks, there is one character that has not been revealed," Bettany, who plays the android Vision on Marvel's Disney Plus series, told Esquire in a new video interview.
"It's an actor that I've longed to work with all of my life," said Bettany. "We have some amazing scenes together and the chemistry between us is, I think, extraordinary. It's just fireworks on set. So, I'm really excited for people to see that stuff."
Bettany previously previously told Barstool's "Lights Camera" podcast in January about a major actor appearing on the Disney Plus series. The interview led many to believe Bettany was referencing Evan Peters' appearance ahead of his shocking reveal on episode five. Peters' return had leaked online prior to the episode's air.
Who could Bettany be talking about if it's not Evan Peters?
The most obvious go-to right now is Doctor Strange. Fans are currently hoping we could see Benedict Cumberbatch reprise his role as Stephen Strange since we know Elizabeth Olsen's Wanda Maximoff is set to appear in 2022's "Doctor Strange" sequel.
If you've gone down a "WandaVision" rabbit hole like us, many fans are hoping John Krasinski appears as the leader of the "Fantastic Four" in an upcoming episode as Monica's mystery engineer friend.
Others are hoping for a larger reveal that would link more major X-Men/Fox characters into the mix, including Magneto (Ian McKellen or Michael Fassbender), Charles Xavier (Patrick Stewart), or Deadpool (Ryan Reynolds).
Since Bettany's Esquire interview, many fans started discussing the possibility of seeing McKellen and Stewart on Twitter.
—Connor (@Exitoverhere) February 19, 2021
—alex (@KorraLarson) February 19, 2021
—g♡ (@geekygabriela) February 19, 2021
McKellen, it was pointed out to us, was in 2006's "The Da Vinci Code" with Bettany. However, the two didn't share scenes. His X-Men character would be pretty fitting to see. In the comics, Magneto is the father of Wanda and Pietro. The twins are hidden from him at birth.
Xavier is also a big part of the "House of M" comic book storyline.
Though Stewart said he met with Marvel Studios' president Kevin Feige to discuss reprising his X-Men role, the actor said the character's story ended in 2017's "Logan" and that the film "was not just the deaths of those two men in the franchise, but it was also goodbye to our part in them as well."
Currently, three episodes of "WandaVision" remain as we head to its March 5 finale.
Maybe we'll finally learn who Bettany was excited to work with when the latest episode is released on Disney Plus at 3 a.m. ET/12 a.m. PT Friday.
You can watch Esquire's full, entertaining interview with Bettany below.
- Air Canada, Emirates, Air India and other airlines resume flights to Toronto and the tickets are priced up to ₹5 lakh
- I flew on a $65 million Gulfstream G650ER private jet and saw why it's a favorite of tech billionaires like Elon Musk and Jeff Bezos
- Srei Group may leave a $4 billion hole in some of India’s biggest banks
- Indian government decides to pay ₹50,000 to kin of those who died of COVID-19
- SpaceX CEO Elon Musk reveals 'challenges' with toilet during Inspiration4 mission, promises upgrades in future
- South Korea’s crypto regulations are tightening around investors and exchanges alike
- All that you need to know if you are travelling to the UK
- Indian financial system steadily maturing, as it moves away from banks, says RBI Governor Shaktikanta Das